“Little Gem of Riverhead”

Jerry & The Mermaid
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open Seven Days a Week Year Round. Located directly next to the Hyatt Place East End Hotel and Atlantis Long Island Aquarium! Just minutes from Tanger Outlets and a short drive to the Hamptons or LI wine country. Arrive by car or by boat using one of Jerry's complimentary docking slips!
Hampton Bays, New York
“Little Gem of Riverhead”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a great place for a date or for families- The food and service is the best-The mussels marinara in this restaurant is what I would order for my last meal on Earth!! It's that good!! Everything is fresh and homemade- service is with a smile no matter how busy it gets- If it's nice eat outside on the deck- prices are very reasonable-The Hyatt Hotel is steps away so don't drink and drive!

1 Thank Livewithpassion

Staten Island, New York
“What a pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) and like to travel to explore new places when we can. Needless to say, we enjoy eating out. We went on a little weekend getaway to the Hamptons and stayed at the Hyatt right next door to the restaurant. When it was time to eat dinner, all we had to do is walk two steps to this restaurant which looks very average on the outside. But when we walked inside, our initial perception has changed completely! What a lovely place, with a nice view of the marina, friendly staff and the food is amazing. The Ahi Tuna was delicious, the lobster bisque soup was awesome, and the shrimp scampi out of this world. We would highly recommend this place to anyone visitng the area and if you are lucky enough to visit on a warm day, I bet sitting outside on the patio is a blast! The restaurant is very reasonable price wise, so it was an all around great experience! We will be back someday!

• Visited April 2014
foodieforlifeNewYork, Owner at Jerry & The Mermaid, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant! We are happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience! The patio is open! Please come back to visit again and enjoy a meal out there!
Long Island
“Never noticed it before.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

If someone didn't suggest we go there to eat I would have never known it existed. Our server was very nice and was sat in a corner table. The salad was your average green tossed salad. I passed on the appetizer, though others at the table said they were excellent. I decided to have one of the specials, which was swordfish. It was a great choice, cooked to perfection and tasty with a side of homemade mashed potatoes. Portion was large and I ended up taking half home.

It must be nice during the warmer months, they do have a dining deck that overlooks the water. I will definitely be back.

Hong Kong, China
“Odd location brilliant food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

A fish restaurant tucked away in the corner of a hotel car park that's serves incredibly good food . Clam chowder and giant shrimps for staters . Quality that rivals the best restaurants in NYC or Paris .

As with most things outside of the big cities good value for money .

1 Thank Lagardefreinet
Deer Park, New York
“1st time at Jerry's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

At first when we walked in we were not greeted as staff members passed us and i had to wonder if i seat myself or not. Then shortly after 3-4 mins we were seated at a clean table. Our waitress Corinne was personable and still smiling as it was 8 o'clock at night. Then i decided i wanted baked clams. Well let me tell you, these were the best baked clams i've ever had. Granted there were only 3 but i'd pay again to have 3 more. I wasn't feeling seafood but something more filling. I ordered what i thought would be a regular burger. Well it wasn't. I couldn't keep it on my plate. It was surprising better then any burger i've tasted. I don't know what seasoning if any they used but i'd like to have 1 right now. Take what you will from this review. I'd like to go back and try something else next time and i'll be sure to order more baked clams! Enjoy!