“Dinner at Jerry and the Mermaid”

Jerry & The Mermaid
Ranked #2 of 119 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Description: Open Seven Days a Week Year Round. Located directly next to the Hyatt Place East End Hotel and Atlantis Long Island Aquarium! Just minutes from Tanger Outlets and a short drive to the Hamptons or LI wine country. Arrive by car or by boat using one of Jerry's complimentary docking slips!
Lindenhurst
“Dinner at Jerry and the Mermaid”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had a wonderful meal at Jerry and the Mermaid in Riverhead, next to the New Hyatt Place and a few short steps from the Riverhead Aquarium.
My Wife and I had been there a few weeks ago with my brother and sister in law,for a very quick salad lunch as we were leaving for a show.
My wife and I were shopping at the Tanger Mall and we decided to go back to this restaurant, as it had anice atmosphere and the Salads we had had were very good.
We are definitely GLAD we went Back.
We ordered fired Calamari as an Appetizer, which were done to perfection. had a Great Bloody Mary.
I ordered the wasabi encrusted Salmon with Rice and Fresh Vegetables, Excellent, as we weren't sure of the Stufffed Crepe Newburg sauce, our Waitress LYNN, went into th kitchen and took a small salad dressing cup with the sauce for us to taste. I thought that was very Kind of her and it proved to be excellent as my wife ordered it. Lynn was one of the BEST waitresses I've ever had, and being in sales I've gone to a lot of restaurants. The food was over the top and I'm sure the chef is either Culinary Institute trained Graduate or Johnson and Wales. All in all One of the Best restaurants we've been to and we recommend it to all.

1 Thank Joseph D

Toms River, New Jersey
“Great oyster rockerfellers, artichoke francaise, and wings!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Was staying at the Hyatt Place next door and decided to try the restaurant in the parking lot. A few of us tried several dishes: steamers, marinated burger, artichokes, and wings. All items were delicious and the sauces they make on premise were delish! The bartender/waitress was very helpful in assisting in our choices.

nj
“great food, great prices”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My friends and I were in the area for some wine tastings for the weekend. This place has some of the most delicious food. The prices were very reasonable, the staff was very friendly and the chef even came out and asked us how everything was. There is something for everyone here: bar food, entrees, seafood, chicken, steak etc. , and great drinks. I would definitely go back. t was pretty empty for a Friday night, but it is the off season and we had a pretty late dinner. I would imagine this placed is packed in the summer.

Long Island
“Outstanding fare for the price”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This used to be a local diamond in the rough but has been brought more to the front based on its location adjacent to the Hyatt hotel. Great place in the summertime when you can dine on the outdoor patio. Seafood dishes are exceptional and the specials never fail to delight. My wife is a big fan of the grouper with pignoli nuts. Been frequented on the down low by celebrities like Charles Barkley, Lady GaGa, Kate Upton and Cameron Diaz in the past.

• Visited January 2014
Beverly Hills, California
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Expansive bar selection, warm environment, nice menu. Many of the dinner selections are a bit heavy handed, but tasty, and the (non-fried) specials show some subtlety. I ate there twice, so that says something!

Visited February 2014