“So glad we gave it a try!!!”

Jerry & The Mermaid
Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Description: Open Seven Days a Week Year Round. Located directly next to the Hyatt Place East End Hotel and Atlantis Long Island Aquarium! Just minutes from Tanger Outlets and a short drive to the Hamptons or LI wine country. Arrive by car or by boat using one of Jerry's complimentary docking slips!
Reviewed January 3, 2013

After spending a day driving out to Montauk the day after Christmas, we were heading home and decided to check out someplace to eat in Riverhead. I was in the mood for soup and chicken wings. Wow, what a great decision! Jerry and the Mermaid has the most delicious wings I've ever had! The New England clam chowder was the soup of the day and was excellent as well. My daughter had the Buffalo Shrimp which was superb and my husband had a special which was fettucini alfredo with spinach and came with Cajun shrimp on top. We were all so pleased with the meal and the very friendly service, and will definitely be back. I even told them that when any of us heads out to the Tanger outlets we should bring home take-out from Jerry and the Mermaid!!!

2  Thank Beth C

Reviewed December 13, 2012

While staying at the Hyatt Place Hotel, I chose this restaurant for dinner because it was right next door to the hotel. Comfortable, casual dining at good prices. The Greek salad was fresh and delicious. I ordered the broiled seafood combo (scallops, grouper, baked stuffed clam and shrimp), with steamed vegetables and waffle fries. The meal was served quickly. I have no complaints as nothing was overcooked, everything was seasoned just right and tasty. The service was excellent and the restaurant was clean. A good choice if you are visiting the area.

2  Thank Classtraveler2011
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We went to Jerry's because it was so close to our hotel. Definitely not fancy with little that is special in the dining room. The service was very good. As is so common, there wasn't much for a nonmeateater so I went with a Greek salad, not expecting much but it was very good in spite of the unusual carrots and radishes that were included. All the vegetables were fresh and tasty and the dressing was good. My husband had a burger plate and said it was good. It's true I didn't expect much but it was a good choice.

2  Thank Lost_Detroiter
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A casual dining in a pub atmosphere. Food was very good, price too. Service was excellent. Had a good meal and especially loved the seafood Bisque. Excellent without a fishy taste. A must.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

When we first walked in we thought the place was going to be a real dive, but we were pleasantly surprised. We came for lunch on a weekday (with our 1 year old) and had excellent service. The food was great - for being simple "bar" food. I had a wrap and my Mom had a chicken sandwich. We were pleasantly surprised.

foodieforlifeNewYork, Owner at Jerry & The Mermaid, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for the kind words about our food and restaurant. Although we have a bar as part of the restaurant, we certainly strive to serve higher quality food then what you would find in a typical casual bar/restaurant. We are proud of the food we cook and I am glad you appreciated it. I certainly would be the first to admit that our ambiance is casual. I am sorry at first glance you thought we were going to be more of a "dive". Perhaps you will see us on that diners..dives..television show one day! Thank you for feeling comfortable enough to bring your 1 year old with you. We get a lot of families during the day, being we are next to the Atlantis aquarium. Thanks again for the review and we hope to have you back on your next trip to Long Island!