“Terrific Pizza. Nice View”

Road House Brickoven Pizza
Ranked #24 of 119 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Sag Harbor, New York
“Terrific Pizza. Nice View”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Located along the Peconic River, you can sit outside and enjoy the great food while enjoying a beautiful view.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LIEast

Kings Park, New York, United States
“Awesome Pizza, Great Pizzeria Dishes”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First, let me say that as a kid growing up in Brooklyn, I had a Pizzeria on every corner, literally. So I think I'm qualified to review a pizzeria.
The only way to truly know how good the pie is is to order a whole cheese pie to stay and then sit down and eat some. The Roadhouse has one of the best pies I have ever had. Very thin crust, nicely crisp and excellent sauce. Simply done and wonderfully flavored.
They also make an amazing chicken parm hero on fresh baked bread, a great ziti and Wonderful specialty slices.
BTW, if you like it here you will also like Rickies of Deer Park, my other favorite

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mitchell S
Connecticut
“WOW!! Large (and delicious) portions!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We learned the hard way not to "over order". I traveled with my two sons -- one ordered two slices of cheese pizza (which he could not finish), one ordered a HALF chef's salad (which he could not finish), and I ordered a HALF feta, cranberry, walnut, etcetera salad that I could not finish. I also ordered one slice of the basil, mozzarella, and tomato pizza, which I could not finish. But I had to try it. I don't know what the secret is in the crust, but it is crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. The sauce is awesome. When we left, I said to my kids I'm glad I don't live closer, I'd weigh a whole lot more if I did! The food and service are really, really good.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ConnecticutSusie
Riverhead, New York, USA
“Used to be so much better”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Road House Brickoven Pizza used to be consistently the best pizza in town. It was a treat. Not so much anymore.
The salads and cannoli are still very good.
It's very nice to sit at the picnic tables by the river and have a slice in the summer.
As to carry-out, for the price we can dress up a Stop and Shop pizza and have a much better pizza.

• Visited February 2013
Long Island, New York
“Getting Fed Up With This Place”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I sometimes order chicken cutlet heros on my way home from work. I always specify that I do not want cheese on it just sauce. When I picked up my hero tonight I said to the girl behind the counter "No cheese is on this right?" She said yes no cheese just sauce. I could have opened it up to check but I didn't. I took her word for it. Of course when I got home and opened up my hero it was covered in cheese. This is the third time in a row they did this to me. I will not be going back.

• Visited December 2012