“Very Challenging Course”

Long Island National Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: 18 Hole Private Member Only Golf Club
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This course is definitely not for beginners. There is so much tall grass on the course that if you do not keep the ball on the fairway you are dead! I kind of felt like I was playing at the beach.There are a lot of sand traps. Just another bit of information for anyone who has bought a voucher on any of the websites such as Groupon or Amazon to play at this course that as of 7/17/2013 it is under new ownership and the vouchers are not being honored.

1  Thank mrrenov8
There are newer reviews for Long Island National Golf Club

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm nowhere near a great golfer but I can hold my own on less challenging courses like Indian Island, Calverton Links etc but this course is craggy and difficult and frustrating and wonderful!! In my experience the staff wasn't exactly friendly but who cares? Just get me to the first tee and all that disappears. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you love links golf, you'll love this course. The east end of LI is sorely lacking in high quality public golf, but this course is brilliantly designed, has always been in good shape, and has a friendly staff to boot. Highly recommended.

1  Thank frankingeneral
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A beautiful links course, in very good shape, with murderous tall fescue grass all over. Add to that the strategically placed bunkers and occasional water, and you have a tough but enjoyable course. If you are not in the fairway you better bring a ball-hunting dog and a lot of patience. Great course!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Do not waste your time. The Director of Golf was the rudest person I have ever dealt with, I believe his name was Labadore. We drove over an hour to get to the course only to be told that someone on his staff booked our tee time without proper authorization. He told us he would not let us out on the course until he spoke with his employee, who didnt come in until 1 pm, to make sure we were not lying. Being that our tee time was at 9:30 and it was only 8:30 at the time, waiting for his employee to come in would do absolutely nothing for us. Needless to say, I would never go back.

7  Thank nytonc_12