“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Turkuaz Grill

Turkuaz Grill
Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Riverhead
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had never eaten in a restaurant at Riverhead despite having lived on Long Island for over 10 years. Turkuaz Grill came highly recommended and was a very pleasant surprise. The hummus, meatball kebob (forgot what it was called), and baklava were all very good, although a bit rustic. The Turkish wine (merlot I think) was also reasonably priced and was
unexpectedly good. The hosts were kind and genuine.

Oh, I also forgot to mention the outstanding view. I always thought there was no real river on Long Island.

So all in all it was a memorable experience. I highly recommend it and will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Linbeiwuji

Maryland
“great food, hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were travelling through eastern LI for the first time. A local gave us a reference to Turkuaz Grill. We ate at an outside table on a warmish evening by the water. Hosts were friendly and welcoming. We got simple dinners, lamb and chicken shish kabob, that were tender, juicy and tasty. Spinach soup (a first for me) was excellent. Beet salad is a favorite and not encountered often at other restaurants. Altogether, a great experience and at a reasonable cost for travellers to have dinner at a local restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank TwinOaksMd
terri333
“FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently went to Turkuaz Grill on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The food was exceptional, the owners and staff very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was terrific! We can't say a bad thing about it and we can't wait to go back again. The prices are reasonable and the portions are filling. Try Efes, the Turkish beer. It was really good. We want to try the Turkish wine next time. We live locally so we will be visiting quite often!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank terri333
New York City, New York
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Fantastic food, a view of the riverfront, and great service. We shared the stuffed grape leaves....homemade and wonderful. My boyfriend had a combination plate with chicken, lamb chops, rice, and beet salad and I had the meatball wrap. We shared the 'bird'snest' dessert. Everything...fresh and delicious. This place seems to be family run...with VERY pleasant and friendly service. First visit, certainly won't be our last.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Stephanie C
Long Beach, New York
“Pleasant surprise on the riverfront”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were staying at the Hyatt and I happened to take a walk on the riverfront and saw this restaurant. The back patio faces the river and it is very pleasant looking. I decided we should give it a try after looking up the reviews on TripAdvisor. WOW! What a great meal! The atmosphere was wonderful, the service good, and the food was delicious.

They were very patient with my three year old...

I highly recommend the beyti as a main course and the spicy vegetable appetizer with walnuts.

• Visited August 2013