“Bring a picnic lunch sit relax and enjoy a bottle of LI wine”

Martha Clara Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 29 things to do in Riverhead
New York City, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Bring a picnic lunch sit relax and enjoy a bottle of LI wine”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Great place to bring the family. Bring a picnic lunch buy a bottle of wine and enjoy the view.
They have all kinds of animals, even Scottish highland cows ( Hairy Coo's in Scotland ), llamas, goats. Plus many more for young and old alike.
Had great time and you save money by bring your own food and the grounds are free to roam.
Great place to go with the family or significant other.

jersey shore
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fun visit, good afternoon with kids”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We took our nieces and they loved the outdoor cafe area, the petting zoo and the band. We loved the reasonable wine tasting and the snacks.

Visited February 2012
Long Island City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice Popular Vineyard”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Always a nice vineyard to go with friends. They always have acitivities. The inside room is spacious. It's fun to bring in your own food buy some bottles of wine and listen to music with friends.

Visited June 2012
Parsippany, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Chaotic and Bar-like Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I visited the Martha Clara Vineyard on Saturday, June 16. The minute I got there, I wanted to leave but my friend wanted to try it out. As we entered, we encountered a small petting zoo. The grounds were nice, but there were a lot of people and family with kids. It was a bit crowded and there was loud Rock music being played. I think there was a band. Now don't get me wrong, I love Rock, but at a bar drinking some beer or Margaritas. For me, wine is synonymous with Jazz music or the like. I like a more subtle atmosphere for my wine tasting. The atmosphere was a bit younger and some folks had kids with them. There was a shop in the back that sold trinkets that were overpriced. The place was getting crowded and it was loud.

So now let's get to the wine tasting part. The wine servers were pleasant and friendly. We discussed the wines that we wanted to try. They brought out two glasses, one for me and one for my friend. When we finished tasting a wine, they'd poor a different wine into the same glass!! So now, the last wine was mixed with the current wine. I started rinsing my wine glass with the water bottle that I had. The server saw me do this, but did not get us clean glasses. This tells me that they were not professionals and don't know much about wine.

I wasn't crazy about the wine that was served. I love Merlot, Cabernet and Chardonnay the best. I also drink others. I found their wine needed to breath or just was not ready. It tasted too "oakey" dry and/or bitter. We did not purchase any and decided to try Palmer Vineyard down the road. That vineyard I'll review separately.

I definitely will not return to Martha Clara.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank AnOpinionatedPR
Moriches, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Not impressed”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've tried the wines - nothing to write home about. But a uniform in the parking lot charging for parking? Ah..no. Pindar, Pugliese, two of my faves.

Visited May 2012