We recently enjoyed a very good 3 night stay at this hotel.
We picked it due to good reviews on Tripadvisor and mainly as a base for visiting the Hamptons.
We arrived late in the evening after a long day travelling from the UK and over an hours drive from JFK airport.
There isn't much parking at the hotel, but there is a car park reserved for Hotel guests just across the street, where you use your room key card to enter. We checked in ok . we found the staff friendly and helpful.
We were given Room 125 on the ground floor at the front of the building.
A spacious room with a king size bed and a lounge area with sofa and desk. Big 42" TV. Not much hanging space but we got by ok. No safe, but there was a Tea and coffee making machine.
Nice bathroom with a very good shower. We found the bed really comfy and the room was quiet, no traffic noise.
There is a complimentary breakfast which was quite good. A few hot items like sausages and egg muffins. The usual cereals and juices, toast etc and some nice pastries. Coffee machines.
It opened very early too which we liked.
There is a swimming pool at the back of the hotel. Not a bad facility and they've made the best of the limited space. There's a small bar next door. There is quite a nice marina at the rear of the property where you can rent kayaks and canoes and there is a board walk where you can walk along the river into town.
We found the hotel in a great location for visiting the Hamptons. West Hampton is a 10 minute drive away,We also got to visit Montauk and Sag harbour. All are lovely and worth visiting. there is a great Tanger Mall also 10 minutes drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Long Island/East End is located on the waterfront in the heart of downtown Riverhead and adjacent to the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center and Atlantis Banquets & Events. The Hyatt Place Long Island/East End combines style and innovations to create a completely new hotel experience. An experience that offers an array of services and features designed to meet the evolving needs of today's travelers, ensuring you feel more relaxed, productive and fulfilled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Place Long Island East End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Long Island East End Hotel Riverhead
- Hyatt Place Long Island East End Riverhead, NY