“These guys raised the bar for all other hotels in the area”

Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 12, 2013

What other hotel gives you a tour when you check in?....NONE! But Ryan, Megan and Dominique here will. These guys make up a part of the best, friendliest, most welcoming staff in the biz. The place is simply outstanding. Free secured parking lot (hard to come by these days). The breakfast is great, not your typical continental breakfast, they offer HOT breakfast, excellent breakfast sandwiches and it's completely free of charge (again, hard to come by these days).
The rooms are impeccably clean and the beds are very comfortable. I would return for another stay in the future without any hesitation. Thank you guys for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jerry n
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Long Island East End

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Megan, and Ryan were so awesome and roger is the best house guy in the profession, would stay there again no questions asked, marina view from the hotel, and there's an aquarium right next door. continental breakfast was amazing. staff and hotel were so helpful. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Came here for a wedding and had a beautiful suite and a delicious morning breakfast. The staff was very accommodating. It was good value for room and breakfast. The room had a separate living room area and a place for work as well. A desk with outlet for pc. The bathroom was tight but everything was clean and in working condition.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Riverhead a month ago. My cousin got married and had her reception in the aquarium next door, so my whole family stayed at the Hyatt. It's not a giant hotel, but it's exceptionally clean and the staff was on-the-ball at every interaction. Due to travel, we arrived in the middle of the night and were upgraded to a waterview room since they had already filled the standard rooms.

The rooms were spotless and stylish; furniture was trendy looking but comfortable and functional. It was more like staying in a hip studio apartment than a hotel room. AC worked GREAT! The bed was also pretty comfortable; better than 90% of hotel beds and ranks up there with Las Vegas suites I've stayed in (I have a tempurpedic at home so I'm hard to please on this point).

The bathrooms even had a fan (almost unheard of in my experience). The shower was roomy and had good water pressure/temperature.

I didn't use the workout facilities or the outdoor pool since it was November, but we did have some drinks and late-night food from the bar/cafe in the lobby. The service was excellent and the staff was exceptionally friendly to us and anyone else who came in. It was very clear that meeting the needs of guests is a top priority, whether it be warming up a pastry, giving directions, serving drinks, or just friendly conversation. Professionalism and hospitality at its finest.

I was completely blown away by the breakfast. I am the first to write-off or ignore the paltry effort the most hotels put forth for their complimentary or continental breakfast; it's usually the minimum they have to do to claim they provide breakfast. Not so at the Hyatt Place. It's like a small buffet that includes fresh-cooked, and constantly replenished food. I've never seen any hotel put this much effort into their free breakfast, not to mention that it runs for most of the morning (forget that 6-9AM crap). It really is an added value here.

I didn't hear a single complaint from any of the rest of my family staying there either. This place is as good as it gets without spending a fortune. After my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any Hyatt Place, especially at this same location.

Room Tip: Waterview rooms face south, so you get sunlight (if you want it) and a nice view of the docks on the...
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I had requested a room with a view of the marina and paid extra for this. When we got there, we had a view of the boat yard. The front desk was very accommodating and immediately switched our room to one with a marina view. The room set up is very nice with a semi-private sitting area and a work desk. There is also a mini fridge. I will offer a caveat to people with allergies. The first night we were there, my asthma really acted up. I had no idea why. I didn't sleep all night. The next morning when we went for breakfast, my husband saw a guest with a dog. It didn't dawn on either of us until we returned to our room after visitng the wineries. I immediately started to have breathing problems and my husband realized there must have been a dog in the room before us. Once again, the front desk was most accommodating and switched us to a "super cleaned" room. Of course I figured all the rooms should be "super cleaned" but I was grateful for the change. The room was easier on my asthma and allergies. So, just make sure if you have allergies, you ask for a "super cleaned room. I believe that "pet friendly" hotels such as this one should consider having one floor of rooms that do not ever have pets in them. It sure would make things much easier for people like me. I gave the hotel 4 stars because it is a nice place, with a very friendly, helpful staff and nice rooms. But I would have a problem staying there again.

Room Tip: If you have allergies, ask for a "super cleaned" room because it is pet friendly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Lovely Hotel, Hyatt Comfort, Nice Beds, Beautiful Room With A Wonderful Marina View. Step Outside To Atlantis Aquarium. Would Definitely Stay Again, Great Mini Vacation. Starbucks On Site And Simple Dishes. Only Downside, No Great Places To Eat Within Walking Distance.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank travelbuddy13
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our daughter's wedding was at the LI Aquarium on November 2 and we had a room block at the hotel. What a wonderful experience we all had. The front desk staff was extremely accommodating in give out the welcome bags to all our guests. The rooms were beautiful-spacious, clean and very comfortable beds...my aching feet after dancing the night away. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful as all the guests continued sharing the joy of this most happy occasion. Thank you Hyatt Place East End for a most memorable stay.

Mrs. J

Room Tip: I had a beautiful view of the Peconic River
3  Thank Paprika226
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
#5 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Hyatt Place Long Island East End? Share your experiences!