“Great Hotel”

Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed this past weekend – and truly enjoyed my stay and the hotel!
It’s a beautiful hotel with spacious oversized rooms, all the amenities one needs during their stay. I enjoyed the marina view- reminded me I was in Long Island -and the wonderful abundant complimentary breakfast that is handled quite orderly and professionally.
I will definitely recommend your hotel to my friends and colleagues requesting overnight stays in Long Island!
I also loved the aquarium! I am especially interested in the event space since it looks quite nice for any upcoming event!

Room Tip: All rooms are good- hotel is still brand new
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Long Island East End

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Was here on business. First impression of this property is that it is like most in the Hyatt Place portfolio--clean, contemporary, and up-to-date! This property is also located in downtown Riverhead, NY right next to the Atlantis Aquarium. Pretty cool.

I got sick during my stay and unfortunately had to check out the day that I checked in. I spoke to Jeffrey at the front desk regarding this and I really felt like he cared about how I was feeling. So much so, in fact, that he txted his manager at 10:30 pm that evening to ask if they could let me check out with nothing being charged to my credit card. They gave him the green light and then he asked if there was anything else he could do for me. Talk about service! You never know whats going to happen while you are traveling, but at least you know that you will be taken care of at this property if something goes awry. Can you really put a price on that?

Thank you to Jeffrey and his manager. I will certainly be a return guest.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SkyLineExpress
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I traveled with my two sons, ages 12 and 10, for a short but (hopefully) fun getaway for April vacation. I found a package deal online that combined a stay at the Hyatt Place Long Island East End with tickets to the adjacent Long Island Aquarium and special "Penguin Encounter". I booked it and hoped for the best.
We arrived well before the state check-in time of 3:00, but that was no problem for Robert, who found us a room and provided an overview of everything the hotel had to offer. He asked about our package deal, and seeing that the package included tickets for two, he offered to purchase my ticket through the hotel which would save us a little money. He could not have been nicer or more helpful.
Our room was spacious and clean, with my boys excited about the layout of the room and the fact that you could turn the large, flat screened television whichever way you wanted -- so you could watch television from the large L-shaped couch, or from the two queen-sized beds. We also had a nice partial view of the river and marina, although I did not pay an extra $20 per night for a harbor view.
Breakfast was pretty good, and included in the price. Each person working at the hotel was very nice. I personally liked the laid back, casual atmosphere. We also liked the complimentary computers in the lobby and wifi in our room. I highly recommend staying here, and can only imagine how nice it must be in the warmer weather when the large outdoor pool is open as well. We definitely hope to make a return trip -- it was a great getaway for us!!

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay the extra money for a harbor view. Our room was just fine without it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ConnecticutSusie
Steven S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Long Island East End, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear ConnecticutSusie!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Hyatt Place Long Island East End on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room with all of its amenities. Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to our Gallery Host Robert. He is a great asset to our team. I will definitely share your kind comments with him and the entire staff. We will look forward to your next visit, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great location. Literally next door to the Aquarium, which I enjoyed as much as my 11-month old niece and nephew (twins) did!

We were greeted by a friendly staff at the front desk. When I asked if we could park in the back lot even though we couldn't check in yet, they got us a room right away! They were very informative with local grocery stores and department stores for baby stuff.

There is a harbor in the back of the hotel with a lot of boats. Very awesome views!

The room was very nice and updated. The hotel is new so everything was in working order. The entertainment set had a bunch of inputs for video, etc. as well as power outlets. You might want to bring along some of those outlet covers since the twins kept trying to stick their fingers in it!

The complimentary breakfast was packed with plenty of options for vegetarians or carnivores.

I would definitely stay at this location again and will look for Hyatt Places in other cities I venture off to! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel facility and staff were excellent. The location is fair, Riverhead is an older town that is trying to fix itself up after many years of decline. They have made progress but still have a ways to go.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Hyatt. It was excellent! The rooms seem to be larger than most hotel rooms. Our room overlooked the marina/natural waterway in the back. It was quiet for sleeping...a must. The front desk staff were great, easy check-in. Our room was clean and neat. Being a new hotel it's all updated. They also had a comp breakfast which offered great choices, including some healthy ones too. It is near many restaurants and great shops. A great choice for the East End.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina/pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jgrace7
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Hyatt Place is a relatively new (and thus modern) hotel conveniently located next to the Long Island Aquarium providing easy access to both the North and South Forks. Not fancy but also not expensive or pretentious. Free breakfast is what it is -- but the staff was attentive enough to meet the needs of a gluten-sensitive traveler. Free wi-fi is another plus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edward H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
#5 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Hyatt Place Long Island East End? Share your experiences!