“This is a neat hotel!”

Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived at the Hyatt on Friday, March 8 for a three night stay. The hotel has been here for less than two years. It is a neat, modern hotel with spacious rooms, great service, a 24/7 cafe where you can always get something to eat.

It is located on the Peconic River and is close proximity to wine country, suffolk county musuems and some beaches. The Atlantis Aquarium and Exhibition Hall is a one walk down the street as is the Suffolk Theater.

There is a free continental breakfast which is included.

The room was modern in terms of design and technology. It was very easy to to use the complementary wi-fi. If you have a portable DVD player, you can easily plug it into a port and watch videos on the large screen (42 ") flat screen tv.

The room was cleaned thoroughly.

There is an indoor pool and a fitness room.

All in all it was a great place to stay. If you plan to come in the summer, the prices are much higher.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve i
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Long Island East End

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Granted My stay was on a few off season days in the winter, but in general I could not have been happier with this hotel. I have stayed at pretty much all the better hotels in Riverhead at one time or another and definitely found the staff here to be the best and friendliest by far. The room had some fun design features, large couch area, big working desk and nice separator between bed area and rest of the room. The breakfast, which was included, was exceptionally varied and again, the workers in this area very solicitous. While this area of town still has a ways to go to be revived, the location of the Aquarium right next door and a very pleasant local restaurant directly on the other side are welcome.

Room Tip: My room faced the street which does not get alot of traffic so was quiet but it probably would be ni...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Best hotel experience by far! The staff could not have been more professional, helpful, or friendly. The rooms were nice and roomy and very clean! Breakfast was great and the coffee was even better. I was pleasently surprised with the variety of breakfast items that were included with the overnight stay, and it was delish. The hotel itself is in a perfect location, so close to so many attractions and all of the wineries. I will definately be coming back in the summer.
Couldnt have had a better experience :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Couldn’t disagree more! We had an amazing experience and I can’t believe TripAdvisor allows a reviewer to use racial slurs like “white trash” in a review.
My wife and I held our wedding at the Sea Star Ballroom, located directly next to The Hyatt, which was an absolutely remarkable experience. We were originally booked at another venue on Long Island, but after seeing the Sea Star and Hyatt Place built, we fell in love and changed the venue to Riverhead. We couldn’t have made a better decision. The wedding itself was amazing, but I will try to keep this review dedicated to the hotel.
The staff at the hotel was attentive and catered to our every need. They went above and beyond our expectations and helped to make the whole wedding day process awesome. Having the hotel on premise with our wedding venue made things simple. No worries about drinking and driving or anyone showing up late to our reception. The breakfast the next morning also turned out to be a great place to say our goodbyes before everyone went their separate ways. The breakfast itself is worth a good review. Besides the usual cold cereals, pastries, bagels, coffee, juice and fruit that you would get at a normal continental breakfast, there were also egg sandwiches on English muffins, hot oatmeal and French toast. That was much more then I would expect from a complimentary breakfast with a hotel stay.
The rooms were clean and the lay out was great. All rooms offered either a King Bed with a pull out coach or two Queen Beds with a pull out coach. There is a big lcd television visible throughout the room with a desk and mini fridge. More than adequate for a single night or extended stay.
We had no issues with noise from within the hotel or from the restaurant/bar next door. In fact, I think a lot of our friends and family wound up going over there for food and drinks both before and after our reception.
Overall we thought this was a great hotel to host a wedding block or have a regular stay. We will definitely choose to stay at the Hyatt next time we are on the East End of Long Island. We want can’t thank the Hyatt staff enough for helping out with our special day.

Room Tip: I think all regular rooms are pretty much identical. All that I saw were very nice. We stayed in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank foodieforlifeNewYork
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice place to stay when visiting the wineries. If you plan on going to the Long island Aquarium this would be the best place to stay since it is right next door to the aquarium.

The rooms were nice and clean. The pool was also nice. The free breakfast in the morning was good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed two nights here while in town for a wedding. First, let me say that the staff at this location is excellent. They are quick, efficient and incredibly helpful. I'm rating it only 3 stars based off of the rooms alone.

The rooms are spacious (yet not properly planned out) and I love the decor. I heard this was a new hotel, but it felt very worn. The sectional they had was dirty and the room smelled horrible. It reminded me of fritos and it was NOT pleasant. My sister and I would spray disinfectant everywhere and the smell kept coming back. Aside from the smell, The way the room was spaced/planned out was bizarre. They dedicated a lot of space to the desk, bar and seating area, but not to the bathroom. The bathtub/shower section was a bit small and there were not enough hooks to hang up wet towels. The walls were also a bit thin since we heard the people next door clearly.

If I ever had a reason to go back, I would like to stay here again but only if they do something about the musty frito smell. :/

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank keyser_soosie
Steven S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Long Island East End, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Empresz,

Thank you for your kinds words about the associates in our hotel and thank you for your response. I apologise that the design of our rooms didn't meet all of your needs during your stay and I will be discussing your concerns with the scent of the room with our Housekeeping Department. If you would like to further discuss please don't hesitate contact me directly at the hotel.

Regards,

Steve Shauger

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The front desk supervisor was professional, friendly and went beyond his job description to make my meeting a success. The room was clean and comfortable...good air quality and plenty of lighting. All the staff pitched in to accommodate us

Room Tip: book early...this location is a hidden treasure and will fill up fast
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BARBARA L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
#5 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Hyatt Place Long Island East End? Share your experiences!