All reviews front desk pool area tanger outlets live entertainment long island north fork off the highway outdoor seating fire pit wine tasting short drive modern hotel wedding weekend wine country great restaurant fitness center right next door
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019

It is easy to miss the entrance to the driveway as it comes up quick but you pull into what seems like an older motel but this has been updated and is very nice in and out. We went for a weekend winery trip and used this as a base. Checkin was a breeze and the front desk was friendly and helpful. Lobby was great but restaurant, bar, pool were very nice. Firepits/fireplace for a cool Sept night with plenty of seating. Room was bit small but updated. Cost is on the high side but I am sure this is because we went during prime time for weekend visits. Location is off the highway and lots of shopping/dining around you if you want that.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

We had a great family stay over Labor day weekend and loved the pool, live band on Saturday night, and food! Right off LIE (easy to get to) which made getting to Montauk so much faster! The service was flawless!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us. I am so happy to see that you and your family fully enjoyed the hotel as well as our amenities! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area. As a side note we do have Live Entertainment every week, please feel free to pop in anytime!

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Every Summer I go to Hotel Indigo East End at least once. This Hotel offers excellent service. They go out of their way to ensure you know you are a valued guest. The rooms are spotless and they provide as many towels as you request. Refrigerators and Microwaves are available upon request. THe Landscaping is on point and the Pool is fun, clean and has servers to take orders for anything you want from Bistro 72 or the Bar. A Special Thank you to Mgr. Mike High, who made my stay the best ever, Also I want to say thank you to the Dir. of Food and Beverage. She provided a courtesy that was very professional and on point. Thank you Dylan for keeping me entertained while I sat at the Bar for a glass of champaign while waiting for my Bus back to NYC. All in all the above personnel were instrumental in making this stay at Hotel Indigo East End the best ever !!

Room tip: Get a two Queen Bed room Poolside. but away from the Restaurant
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 2, 2019

We stayed here (2 nights) for a wedding taking place at a nearby winery. We had a standard queen room, super small, right next to the exit door. The hotel looks like an old motel/motor lodge vs. a nice hotel -- was expecting more for the price ($370 a night w/taxes), but I guess you're in NY/near the Hamptons, so I may have had unreasonable expectations.

My main complaint was that the A/C seemed to shut down in the middle of the night, even though we kept taking it off "auto" and putting on med/high. Also, after the room was finally cleaned, noticed they didn't replenish the bath products, which the 2 of us had used up most of for the first night stay. Really, you can't give us another bottle of lotion for the 2nd night stay? In the morning (7-ish), when I went down to get coffee, there was only one carafe and almost empty. Front desk completely deserted, restaurant not open yet. No one ever showed up at the front desk (waited about 10 minutes). I found that a little disconcerting, esp. if I had a real problem/needed help (not just whining about coffee).

We had a meal one night at the hotel restaurant, sat outside (guy playing guitar). The food was really good and our server was very nice. Would recommend it.

We didn't use the pool (so not sure if it's heated), but it looked large/well kept, people enjoying themselves.

Pros: parking, restaurant good, pool, close to outlets, vineyards, Hamptons, etc.

Cons: for the price, the bar is higher than what is delivered; skimpy on bath products/towels; front desk not fully staffed

I guess if I was looking for a reasonable (?) place to stay, where I could be near the Hamptons, etc., this would fit the bill. I'd probably see about finding an AirBNB or something with a bit more charm. I didn't even look at the Hilton or whatever is nearby (by the outlets), might be a better option. I guess I was thinking that for the price, this would be more like a Kimpton hotel (it's in the same family). I could get a nicer hotel room in NYC for this price.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your weekend stay with us Alison P. While I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the Bistro as well as our live entertainment, I am very sorry for the short comings you experienced with the A/C unit as well as with our Housekeeping team. I do apologize about this and will be sure to speak with our team here. We will also be sure to inspect the A/C unit in the room you stayed in to ensure no other guests have the same experience.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you.

Hotel Indigo East End

Reviewed June 26, 2019

Held our wedding at the Hotel Indigo in Riverhead over Memorial Day weekend. The first thing people should know is that the wifi service is seriously limited - I did not know this and it was an issue for the weekend for most of our guests.

This was a second wedding for both of us and so there wasn't the pressure that there might have been and still, we were blindsided by some things that happened and continued to happen throughout the booking process and up until the day after the wedding. We booked our wedding and a day-after breakfast at this hotel. There was not enough care taken to ensure that things were done as scheduled in previous meetings with the wedding coordinator. For instance, the wedding favors were not put out until after guests began to leave - they were supposed to have been put out so that they would be taken by the first guest to leave. Also, the flowers were supposed to be used for both events - they were not. In fact, we had to drive the entire course of events during the evening, if we expected them to happen.

Weddings typically include families and there are usually some common last names. In my family, there are two women with the same first and last name - different middle initials, different states of origin, different booking arrangements and yet the Hotel staff got it wrong over and over and over...until even the day of checkout when they handed one aunt the credit card of the other aunt's husband...and the right bill with the wrong billing address. This was extremely stressful up until that day - it resulted in many, many phone calls and lots of disappointment.

As this was our second wedding, we did a lot ourselves. And that included setting up the entire room as the staff was not scheduled until 3 pm and photographs were beginning at 2:30.

The hours spend writing personal notes to our overnight guests in the welcome bags was all for nothing as the bags were either lost, given to the wrong guest or not given out at all - again the staff never seemed to get it together at all. The day after our wedding, I picked up a bag never given out to our guest the day before. These might seem like simple things that shouldn't ruin a day of such importance, and while they did not take away from the magnitude of the event, hey certainly made it a day completely filled with stress for myself and my husband.

Oh, a word about the food - which was generally good. The salmon was listed incorrectly on the menu - not that I cared or noticed, however, one of my guests who is a chef was appalled and pointed it out to myself and the hotel staff that evening apparently it was listed as something that it was not likely to be without a surcharge.

Lastly, someone who missed the wedding sent champagne to our room along with strawberries - I stupidly thought they were from the hotel and paid them no notice except that the strawberries were wilted by the time I returned to my room and there was no note attached...so if I didn't know where they came from, I would have not appropriately thanked this dear friend.

Some big things and sadly, so many little things were lost in this small, local, Long Island hotel that could be so much more. Still waiting for a response from the hotel manager.

Room tip: Dont book your wedding here.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience with us. As we discussed via email I apologize for the issues you experienced as well as the confusion regarding your family members with the same first and last names. As I expressed in our conversation, we strive to provide the best possible service and you obviously did not feel you received this while with us. We will be using this experience as a training opportunity for our team here and we do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Hotel Indigo East End