Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End
Holiday Inn Express East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$196
$182
$129
$116
Hyatt Place Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$251
$329
Residence Inn Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$195
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$241
$219
Cove Place(Aquebogue)
Greenview Inn(Riverhead)
$79
Hotels.com
$239
All reviewsfront deskpool arearooms are smalltanger outletspoolside roombistro restaurantlong islandducknorth forknice poollate checkthe entire staffthe wait staffwine countrythe hotel is cleanoff seasonwine tour
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Indigo last Saturday night because we had a wedding at the Acquarium on Saturday evening and wanted to stay over to go to the Tanger Outlets on Sunday.

On the positive side, Hotel Indigo is modern, clean, reasonably priced (we got a deal and paid $170 after tax) and has a very good restaurant that served us a delicious breakfast with french pressed coffee. Also, the waiter was excellent!

On the negative side, they have coffee available in the lobby in the morning, but charge $2+ dollars for it, there is no free water in the rooms, and we were jipped out of a $35 gift card for the Tanger Outlets. When we got to the Tanger outlets on Sunday morning, we saw in the coupon book that if we stayed at Indigo, we would get a $25 gift card from Indigo, and if we spent more than $50 in their restaurant, we would get an additional $10. Great! Right? Wrong! When we went back to the hotel to redeem these coupons, we were told at the front desk that we had to present the coupons at check-in to receive the gift cards, and we were now out of luck. Wait, I'm sorry -- did we not just spend the night at your hotel? I'm sorry -- did we not just (less than an hour ago) spend $60 on breakfast? The woman at the front desk said she could not help me, and I could e-mail her manager. Hotel Indigo-- just take the damn coupon out of the Tanger coupon book if you have no intention of honoring it and if you prefer to jip your customers with a fine print clause that they were never made aware of at check-in.

I would recommend this hotel if you need to be in Riverhead, it is less than a 2 minute drive to the outlets and a 5-10 minute drive to the Acquarium, but honestly, we left with a bad taste in our mouths so I, personally, will try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TGO42
IHGCare, IHGCare at Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Dear TGO42,

Thank you for your candid review regarding your recent stay at our Hotel Indigo East End. We appreciate your positive feedback and are pleased to know you enjoyed a delicious breakfast at our restaurant along with excellent services. Sorry to see there were some issues regarding the coupons. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect. I hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Lin S.
IHGCare

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We made same day reservations with the hotel after reading reviews and not wanting to drive too far and still GET AWAY. What a pleasant surpise! The hotel is located right off the Long Island Expressway so its easy to get. It took us about an hour from Southwestern Nassau County borderline Queens. It is very modern as the previous reviewer mentioned and the rooms though small have a great layout. The bed was comfortable and my husband liked the Keurig coffee. The restaruant and bar were good with lots of tasty choices . There was also a band playing which was enjoyable. They appear to have entertainment on the weekends. The location is down the road from Tanger Outlet Mall and and five minutes away from supermarkets and Applebees, TGI Fridays and Boulder Creek if you enjoy a more reasonably priced meal. All in all for the price I was extremely satisfied and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask reception if your room is in the rear hotel. If so, you may want to drive around back and enter through the rear doors to reduce the walk.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenefer J
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a charming little "New York City" type of boutique hotel with a nice modern funky feel to it.
Rooms are immaculate as is the rest of the property. They have
a nice little bar/restaurant. The location is convenient to the Wineries
and shopping (Tanger Mall). If golf is your thing there are a few
nice courses within a 10-15 minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had a wedding at a winery in Peconic on the North Fork and had to find a place for my guests to stay. There are not really hotels in North Fork, only B&B's and motels, so this hotel seemed to fit the bill. It was 16 miles from the venue, but we were providing a trolley to take the guests to and from the hotel/wedding, so it wasn't too big of an issue. The reviews and photos were great, so I was able to block off some rooms at a group rate. The staff made the whole process easy from start to finish- which was nice to know that there was one less thing for me to worry for the planning of the wedding!

I stayed at this hotel myself the night before the wedding, and had brought welcome bags for my guests staying at the hotel. The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful and made sure to go over all of the names of the guests with me to ensure everyone would receive a bag. They even posted a note in the front for my guests as to what time and where the trolley will be picking them up. As a Priority Club member, I received a ticket voucher for a free beverage of my choice from their lobby self-serve area. The hotel was updated very nicely, and the rooms were very nice with comfortable beds (which made the most out of the only 3 hours I had to sleep!) I did not have room service, but my daughter staying in another room did for breakfast- she said the service was fast and the food was good. Check-out was easy too.

After the wedding, many of the guests returned to the hotel and enjoyed the outside bar/pool area that had a lounge and fireplace. The bar stayed open a bit later for them (since it is in NY, they are allowed to stay open later than most other states.) They all said they had an amazing end to a great night!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Clean, comfortable and recently renovated. Professional and helpful front desk staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business