“we loved it and we will be back for sure”

Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I live in Manhattan and my girlfriends and I were looking for a place to get away for the weekend. not too far so we came across Hotel Indigo. It was a short drive from Manhattan. The hotel is brand new and is very spacious and has a great bar/restaurant. The food was amazing. (try the pizza and pork sliders, delicious!!!) The staff were very friendly and very attentive. The second day we went to the Vineyards where the hotel had a town car waiting for us to drive us to a differant number of Vineyards. The experience was so differant from anything we had ever tried. Nobody had to worry about drinking and driving and when we were finished our car was waiting to take us back. They also have a big swimming pool with chairs to lay out and also if you are not a fan of the sun, they offer cabanas to lie in the shade. We thouroughly enjoyed the experience. The rooms were so clean and were made up every morning. Great breakfast also. We will definately be back for sure. Fantastic Hotel and Staff.!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 9, 2011

i had a great experience the hotel was lovely..rooms were great and food was yummy....i cannot wait to go back again..if your heading to the winerys in riverhead hotel indigo completes your trip perfect place to stay......

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2011

If you like AC during the summer time dont stay here. Wife and I woke up a number of time because the AC would keep shutting off before cooling the room. Finally I called the desk. They did get a fan for us but responded with "dont sleep with the covers on" Had to stay in a warm room in the summer time. When I pay for a hotel I expect a great stay not one where im uncomfortable. I was also looking forward to seeing the outdoor fire pit on near the pool, but they never started it. I email Indigo about a month ago and told them in detail what happened but they never responded back! I think that upset me the most. Next time ill stay at the hilton in riverhead.

3  Thank apv7
IHGCare, IHGCare at Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear apv7,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We apologize for any discomfort caused to you and your wife due to the A/C condition in your room. It is certainly not what you would expect staying at any Hotel Indigo. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Lin Sun
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We chose this hoitel not knowing what to expect, surprise what a great find. I feel we landed in Bali, it is so beautiful and the service is over the top. Our thanks to John, Carissa, Michelle F. Meagan and Nick for meetinmg our every need with warmth and courtesy. You helped make our daughter's 40th birthday spectacular!!!
Thanks again,
Aida & Joe
P.S. The food was wonderful and most inexpensive.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BellisimaRiverhead
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed here for a last-minute get away to Long Island's East End. This is the place to be if you are looking for good food, great entertainment and a nice clean room and bed to lay your head at night! There is really no other place as nice out east. The staff is friendly and the restaurant/bar is great. The pool area is all new and very inviting. A great place for a friends weekend getaway, or for the wedding party to crash after a long day of wedding festivities!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My friends & I stood here July 2nd , & were planning too check out on July 3rd. My father passed away on July 3rd & I had to find accomidations on fourth of July weekend. Jim & the staff here at Indigo East End Hotel, helped accomidate my family, friends & I on a busy holiday weekend. I will never forget their compassion. The hotel was clean, had a lot too offer & I have stayed here several times since. I reccomend it highly , it's the only hotel that I want too stay at on Long Island, New York. P.S. It's also a lot of fun , on Saturday evenings, the bar, pool & rooms are exceptional. -Gen ; Brooklyn, NY.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very disappointed. Only good thing perhaps was the location. For what we paid this was not up to that standard of a hotel. To me it was smoke and mirrors. Made reservation months in advance for couple with 8 yr old. Expressed need for non smoking room with double beds. At worst we were told if double was not available we would have a queen with pull out sofa. Called and advised them of our arrival time and still by that time we checked in , they did not hold double beds and gave us a Queen no pullout , handicap accessible room on first floor. We were told they had nothing else available. After our complaint they gave us a cot that would only fit right near air conditioner. My son had to sleep with his head near unit. The 1st night was horrible. The fireplace out in lounge area caused smoke condition/smell in room. The air would be freezing or hot, not consistant. The smoke gave me a massive migraine and my husband has Asthma. Next day we told the woman about it at front desk, she said they still had no rooms. I stressed that I have a person in my party with asthma and I specifically stressed need for yet a double bed room with non smoking and this room reaked of smoke all night long. In an instant she came up with a double bed room that was on other side of bldg that would be less effected by fire pit. That was the only saving grace but still a bit too late for my taste. She did sell us expired tickets for Splish Splash , not worse that could happen but compounded my view on the place. I do not get the need for doorless showers and glass panes on bathrooms. When someone uses bathroom in middle of night the light shines through entire room. The rooms with just Queen bed are stifling and small. The lights in room did not function well. Some of the guests were a bit odd too but I guess that is not the hotel's fault. One rude guest was making stupid lewd comments because my son was playing with an inflatable alien doll he won at Splish Splash ( very loudly I might add). Honestly, it appeared nice on web but I would not ever stay there again and I travel alot.

Room Tip: Book perhaps 6 months in advance if you think this place is good enough for you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear Blondebelle,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

CJ
Case Manager
IHG Care

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Hamlet Inn
The Hamlet Inn
#2 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End? Share your experiences!