All reviews scallops bolognese comfortable beds bagels across the street front desk alberto expanding bedroom vineyards aquarium
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I had a wonderful stay at The Preston House, I had booked a suite and it was beautiful, very comfortable, modern, and elegant. The desk staff was super kind, friendly and helpful. The restaurant was excellent !! Bar tender and staff all were friendly fun to speak wth and attentive. Great drinks !! A good wine list that i hear is expanding ( I recommend putting a Spanish Priorate and Albarino on the list) I enjoy Oysters, salads, fish and local Duck over the two days of my stay, all excellent. Breakfast was adequate , could be a touch better, maybe some smoke Salmon? Granola ? but it was fine. The location is great, as the town of Riverbed is undergoing a revival. There are other good restaurants with in walking distance, plus Bagels and coffee. If you want a chic stay, right in the middle of the North and South fork, near beaches and vineyards ... this is the place to stay. See you guys the fall.. and thank you for a wonderful stay. JZ

Stayed: July 2018
Steven S, General Manager at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear joshualz,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review of your recent stay at the Preston House & Hotel. It sounds like you had a great trip planned and we are so glad that you found our accommodations to your liking. We are entering the fall season, which is an amazing time of year to visit our area. We hope to have the opportunity to host you at our property in the near future.

Regards,

Steven Shauger

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

The Preston was absolutely amazing! We were a group of 5 women and we were treated like Queens! They couldn’t be more accommodating-especially with one of our friends who has a lot of allergies and special requests. Jackie was exceptional- a true top notch manager who knows how to please her customers. We HIGHLY recommend The Preston and look forward to coming back!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank sbrody
K3460FMalbertol, Manager at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear sbrody,

let me thank you for sharing your reviews with the TripAdvisor community, and thank you also for staying with us. Thank you for recognize publicly our Jackie! She is definitely a treasure of information in everything that regard The Hamptons and the East End life!
Here at The Preston House and Hotel we always put our best effort to please every guest and we will be glad to do it again during your next visit! Thank you again for your kind words!

Best Regards,
Alberto Longhi

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We went there because we wanted to try someplace new . watched it being built and the menu looked yummy It was on a familiar site and I wanted to see hat they did with it . the menu was good but not expansive . we will go there again

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Charles G
Jennifer P, Owner at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Hello Charles,

We want to thank you for such a kind review. Looking forward to seeing you in the dining room very soon!

The Team at The Preston House and Hotel

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I surprised my wife with a random night out in the island for her birthday. I told her to pack a dress and a bathing suit and took her out east. I decided to get a room at the Preston House and Hotel. I spoke to Alberto, the Assistant General Manager prior to check in. He made sure everything was perfect. Lina at the front desk (great personality!) checked us into a gorgeous king bedroom suite! Polished concrete floors, beautiful marble bathroom with a shower/tub, floor to ceiling windows etc! Very nicely decorated with a modern touch! The staff even left a complimentary bottle of wine and a lovely letter wishing my wife a happy birthday! Thank you Alberto!
We almost didn't even want to leave the room!
We decided to get dinner on property at the Preston House. A renovated Civil War veterans house with an AMAZING wine cellar inside. It's a sophisticated, modern American cuisine restaurant with a great executive chef. I got the strip steak and my wife got the lump crab with a "green goddess" sauce that was amazing! Farod our waiter made sure our drinks and stomachs were never empty! Jen (the manager) was great and catered to our needs!
We headed back to our room after an amazing dinner and had the greatest nights sleep both of us have had in a while. Such comfortable beds!
The next day, I took my wife across the street to the Hyatt Place which is another great property! Right behind them is Treasure Cove Marina. I suprised my wife once again with a kayak trip down the Peconic River (must do!) Talk to Chelsea if you want to set that up! She's great!
It was an amazing night out, catered by amazing people! Thank you to all the staff at the Preston House and Hotel! You made my wife's birthday a memorable one!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matty B
Steven S, General Manager at The Preston House & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Matty B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community and I am so glad that you were able to celebrate such a great occasion with us. It looks like you planned an awesome get away and were able to enjoy many of the great amenities that we have to offer. Thank you for this feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to create more memories with you and your wife!

Regards,

Steven Shauger

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after a day at the wineries. Our dinner was excellent. The service was exceptional. The meals were all great! It was a nice surprise to find this great new place! Good menu and good drinks!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Roslyn28wantagh

Thank you so much for a thoughtful review! We are looking forward to seeing you in the dining room again very soon!

The Team at The Preston House and Hotel