“Great Room”

Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Real nice hotel, we loved the room, overall very comfortable. Enjoyed having a hot tub, hi-speed internet. Service personel were great as well as the resturant, would recomend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to the Riverhead area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GAPrince

Reviewed May 1, 2009

I selected the Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead as the venue for catering a surprise celebration of my wife's birthday. The family gathered in a nicely appointed banquet room and the experience which followed did not disappoint. The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were meticulous in the planning and execution of this event in every detail which made the affair memorable. They worked closely with me in planning the menu and were most accommodating in providing me with great choices within my budget. My guests raved about the delicious cuisine and the attentive service.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank winonaquaz
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I traveled here for business I had in the area, but after seeing the hotel and the location (right next to a fabulous water park!), I will be coming here with my family in the summer. I spoke with the sales manager and he said they will have excellent packages available for the summer........I'll be checking the site. I will also be returning to this hotel for my future business trips to Riverhead.........thanks HGI Riverhead, it's a gem!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank travelinjeff52
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Restaurant was nice, great front desk folks, and overall very nice and quiet rooms. I stayed for a couple of weekday nights and was aaccommodated when I asked for a quiet room. Also very new which is something I seek out.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Snoxall
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This is a beautiful property. Anyone coming to this area for any reason would find the hotel to be more than comfortable for any occasion. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are very spacious and the restaurant and bar are a nice feature of the hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank NJ-Staying
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I stayed here overnight on a business trip and was certainly pleased with the service from the front desk and restaurant. The room was clean and a good size. My only complaint was the quality of the bed - you sunk on both ends. Another negative was the sound of the doors closing in the hall. They all slammed shut so I was awoken several times during the night as other guests entered/exited their rooms.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank GMan61
Reviewed August 6, 2008

My husband and I are from NYC and love going to the Montauk beaches in the summer but it is impossible to get a hotel in that area last minute - and the drive from NYC on a Saturday morning can be up to 4 hours one way. A friend told us about this new hotel that opened in July in Riverhead (Long Island), which is only about an hour drive to the Hamptons/Montauk area and we decided to spend two nights and drive from there instead of from NYC. What a blessing this hotel was.

First, the hotel is conveniently situated right off the last exit of 495 and close to the Tangar Outlets and many other stores and eateries, yet it is set a little up the street and back so you don't have all the heavy traffic out front. Additionally, it is a perfect central location for those who want to go to the Montauk/Hamptons area or the North Fork area. Also, it is situated right in the heart of the wine district, were you can enjoy a really pleasant day with tours and tastings at several wineries.

The hotel and rooms are absolutely beautiful and clean. Each room has a flat screen TV, extremely comfortable bed(s) and pillows (which is a huge plus because not all hotels have good mattresses), refrigerator, etc. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi, as well as a fitness room with new equipment (with video screens), and a business center (with free internet). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They also offer a buffet breakfast (with made to order omletts and waffles) for about $12. I didn't have the opportunity to eat there for breakfast, but saw others' plates and it looked pretty good.

The price is extremely reasonable for the quality of the hotel and proximity to the beach areas. I mean, I had checked out small motels in Montauk that wanted $300+ a night! At the Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, you are getting a higher quality room, for a much less price. I hesitate to give away this secret new find because now I will no doubt have trouble getting availability once the word gets out to my NYC neighbors who need a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank musicgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Bowen's by the Bays
Bowen's by the Bays
#2 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!