Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
$129
$116
Hyatt Place Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$251
$239
Residence Inn Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$254
Holiday Inn Express East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$196
$182
Hotel Indigo Long Island - East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$215
$209
Greenview Inn(Riverhead)
$79
$329
Bowen's by the Bays(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
Bayview Resort(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$195
Swiss Motel(Riverhead)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the streethot tubtanger outletslong islandu turnwine tourgreat hotelhilton gardenbreakfast buffetnorth forkfront desk staffbusiness centerriverhead areaclean roomssplish splashexcellent staywater park
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I redeemed a gift certificate for the hotel's wine tour package this past weekend, which included overnight accomodations, wine tour w/transportation, lunch, and breakfast at the hotel.
Our driver for the wine tour, Gerard, was excellent!! He was very personable, and gave us a great tour! Not only did we see 3 wineries, but he also educated us on some LI history, showed us some great views, and even gave us our own private tour at one of the wineries!
Being from LI, my husband and I have done several wine tours in the past, but none compared to the experience Gerard gave us. Most drivers at limos companies, etc just take you to/from the wineries & simply just drop you off with no to very little interaction. Gerard really knew his way around the wineries, and helped to enhance our experience at each stop. It was a great day, and we're glad we had someone like Gerard for the tour!

Other than that, the hotel was very nice, clean, and convenient to the outlets and town. I think our only complaint would have to be about the pillows...which were horrible to sleep on, as I woke up with a stiff neck!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Kacey P,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor about the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. I'm glad to see you had a fun day at the wineries. I will make sure to share your wonderful feedback with Gerard and we hope to see you back soon.

If you need any assistance with future bookings, please contact me personally.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The bed at the HGI was a revelation- so comfortable! I enjoyed the pool and whirlpool- just be aware that it is not entirely a salt water pool, and still uses chlorine. The fitness center is small but perefectly adequate. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Laura O,
Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review on TripAdvisor about the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. I'm glad to see you had fun and took advantage aof all the amenities the hotel has to offer. We look forward to serving you in the future and if you need any assistance with future bookings, please contact me personally.

Brian J. Mauro

I just wanted to address the concern about the Salt Water Pool - According to the (NSPF) National Swimming Pool Foundation we are considered a Salt Water Pool and Spa. As you may or may not know, salt itself is not a disinfectant and chlorine is. Our pool uses an "In-Line Generator" which changes salt to free chlorine by a process called electrolysis. The cell contais plates that are electronically charged by the generators power supply. So in actuality, we do not store or add chlorine to the pool at any time, just salt.

Reference - National Swimming Pool Foundation - Pool & Spa Operator Handbook - 2014
pg 56 and 110.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Across the street to the outlet mall, great staff, and ample parking. Be prepared for very high bar and restaurant prices, maybe that is indicative of the Long Island experience. Very easy access on and off the expressway.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Phillip M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. I'm so glad to see that overall your stay was relaxing and productive. We look forward to seeing you back in the future. If there is anything I can do to assist you with future bookings, please call me personally.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I decided to stay overnight here instead of in Montauk. We went to Montauk for the day, went to the beach, ate lunch, etc. And when we were tired of that, we headed back toward Riverhead to this hotel. Hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable, and breakfast the next morning was fine. We're actually going to stay here again In October 2014 for a family wedding on the North Fork. I believe the hotel has transportation to the wineries in the area. The hotel is also across the street from the Tanger outlets, so it's easy to get some shopping done while you're there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear MrsMylo,
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. We take great pride in our service and clean and comfortable accomodations as well as our Food and Beverage offerings. We look forward to your return in October and if there is anything that I can assist you with prior to your return, do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was directed to this place by some relatives who were getting married. It certainly wouldn't have been my first choice, as I have stayed on Long Island before, and enjoyed it. The majority of the problems with this place are design issues that the people running the place could not fix.

First off. The Good. -the staff...very professional and the customer service was great. the Bartender was extremely personable, and our bus driver, Gerard, was great on the outbound leg to the wedding. The same could not be said for the return trip, as the other driver seemed oblivious to the many remarks that the bus was stifling-maybe the AC wasn't working.

The room was clean, and the high-count sheets made for a comfortable night's sleep.
Loved the Keurig coffeemaker.

The Bad. Getting there: To get to this place, you have a choice. The road forks, and if you take the Right fork, you then have to turn left on to a side road that takes you through the labyrinthine trails of the nearest Outlet mall, and then doubling back and making a left turn. .
If you take the Left, then you have to make a 'U' turn by way of the Walmart parking lot!! Seriously!
NOW! If you wish to go into the town, you have to turn RIGHT, and go up the road about a mile and a half, THEN do a 'U' turn, driving past the hotel once again.

The Room. Whoever designed the doors must have had a degree in interior design from a college, and should ask for a refund on the tuition. I walked in to the room while my partner had just entered the bathroom. The doors collided! 4 foot doors don't work back-to-back.

Add to that the elevators- one was not working all weekend and there was a printed sign that said 'Out Order' on the door (I guess the repairman and the proof reader had the weekend off).

The Air conditioning unit was quite noisy, and nothing like anything I have heard in other Hiltons.

And the Ice machine. Again, some designer came up with the idea that the machine should only be on one floor. The second. I was on the third and getting ice in the middle of the night meant getting dressed and going down on the one available elevator. My bill for 3 nights came to over $750, and I REALLY think that they could come up with a small fridge with ice trays.

I didn't take advantage of the Breakfast buffet. For just over 13 bucks you got the normal fare that comes free at 'lesser' hotels, eggs, small sausages etc. . My partner and I did the 'U' turn and managed to find some healthier fare down the road.

Frankly, the decor was the same as I have seen in a couple of competitors hotels, for about half the price. I understand it's on Long island, but this place is sub-par. In my job, I teach Branding and Marketing at a college level, and so I seriously think that this place should be re-done as a Hampton Inn. It certainly doesn't embellish my opinion of a Hilton.

Room Tip: Get on the second floor if you need Ice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chicagoman8
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Chicagoman8,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY and sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for the kind words about our service and staff. I will be sure to share that with them as I know they appreciate the positive feedback. I want apologize that the remainder of your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback about the those aspects as well.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.