My husband and I are from NYC and love going to the Montauk beaches in the summer but it is impossible to get a hotel in that area last minute - and the drive from NYC on a Saturday morning can be up to 4 hours one way. A friend told us about this new hotel that opened in July in Riverhead (Long Island), which is only about an hour drive to the Hamptons/Montauk area and we decided to spend two nights and drive from there instead of from NYC. What a blessing this hotel was.
First, the hotel is conveniently situated right off the last exit of 495 and close to the Tangar Outlets and many other stores and eateries, yet it is set a little up the street and back so you don't have all the heavy traffic out front. Additionally, it is a perfect central location for those who want to go to the Montauk/Hamptons area or the North Fork area. Also, it is situated right in the heart of the wine district, were you can enjoy a really pleasant day with tours and tastings at several wineries.
The hotel and rooms are absolutely beautiful and clean. Each room has a flat screen TV, extremely comfortable bed(s) and pillows (which is a huge plus because not all hotels have good mattresses), refrigerator, etc. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi, as well as a fitness room with new equipment (with video screens), and a business center (with free internet). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. They also offer a buffet breakfast (with made to order omletts and waffles) for about $12. I didn't have the opportunity to eat there for breakfast, but saw others' plates and it looked pretty good.
The price is extremely reasonable for the quality of the hotel and proximity to the beach areas. I mean, I had checked out small motels in Montauk that wanted $300+ a night! At the Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, you are getting a higher quality room, for a much less price. I hesitate to give away this secret new find because now I will no doubt have trouble getting availability once the word gets out to my NYC neighbors who need a weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exterior of the building pictured on a beautiful day. We are a brand new full service hotel that has many ugrades including some rooms with Whirlpool tubs. We have an indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool as well as an outdoor heated whirlpool. Hotel features: Full service, restaurant open for breakfast and dinner, lounge, indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool and outdoor spa, outdoor seating area with fire pit, preccor fitness equipment, laundry facility, business center and free wi-fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead Hotel Riverhead
- Riverhead Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead NY - Long Island