“Excellent New Hotel with Great Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent New Hotel with Great Staff”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Excellent Staff with a nice clean and tidy hotel. Pretty easy access to and from the hotel and right across from some of the best shopping on the island. Good for business during the day and drinks/shopping in the evening. I ate locally and the food was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Blue Point, New York
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were excited to go to this location for the proximity for a wedding. Arrangements were made by the Brides parents for us to have a early check in. Normal check in time is 3:00PM, we arrived at 2:30pm, and proceeded the front desk. We were then told that no one could check in before 3:00PM, by a very rude desk person who spoke to us like we were misbehaving children. She did not even ask for our name, she was just plain rude. We were finally able to check in to our room at 3;30. NO Towels, No Toilet Paper, and the room was not vacuumed. We had no time to call down to the desk, because we had to get to the wedding. I had to call back at Midnight when we got back to get towels, and I had to go to the desk and get them myself. I grabbed a roll of toilet paper from another guests room.
The room had mold and dirt in the shower as well as the Powered vent in the bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bluepoint007
HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by our front desk agent and the missteps you encountered with our room amenities and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of meeting and exceeding our guests' expectations. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Pottstown, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Staff and service at this hotel is the best you'll ever receive. Very friendly, they ensure your experience is special. They are informed, competent and they treat you like you are home or part of their family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Aberdeen, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Really enjoyed the hotels proximity to the LI north fork wineries. The hotel is up to par with all high quality hotels. Rooms were well appointed. Bathrooms were very clean and everything functioned well (toilet, sink, hairdrier and lights). While we didn't use the TV much, the 40'ish inch television was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while we were visiting Long Island wineries. It is a strange location because of access, you have to go west to go east. A minor inconvenience but odd. Ask for a room in the back so you don't hear the road noise. The Tanger outlet center is directly across the street. The front desk staff seemed very inexperienced and had a hard time checking us in because we were using points and it took three people to finally figure out how to check us in. Typically for a "points" stay there is something extra extended (free breakfast or a drink) for being a loyal Hilton customer but not here and in fact, not even a thank you for being a loyal Hilton customer. Would have been nice but oh well. It was very hard to control the temp in the room but that seems to be the norm in Hilton Garden Inns, since I stay in a lot of them. Next time we head to LI we will probably try some place else -- it was fine but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number on the east side of the building -- it will be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the missteps you encountered in service and hospitality. Please know that we value your input as a loyal HHonors member and we will share your comments with our team as part of our ongoing service training. We have addressed the issue with your temperature control system and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our brand standard commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

New York, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was nice, but honestly I didn't use many of the amenities. I was there for a wedding close by, so the only time I was in the room was for 20 minutes when I arrived, and then overnight until I checked out. My problem is that the water did not work properly in the shower. It started luke warm then heated up. After a few minutes it got cold, so I had to adjust the knob to make it lukewarm. After 2 minutes it became scalding hot. I didn't have time to complain because I was running exactly on time for the wedding. I paid a decent amount for the room. All I ask for is a clean, working bathroom, and a clean, comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Bryan,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to water temperature. We encountered an issue with our water heater and it was quickly addressed, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently replacing our old unit and don't foresee any additional issues. Thank you again for your review and I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us the next time you return to the area.

Philadelphia area
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Will exceed your expectations! I had a group of 13 for a funeral in Southampton, NY. I did not like the choices there so decided to stay in Riverhead.

The hotel has a beautiful lobby and so many great personal touches. Nice public private and seating areas (if that makes sense) in lobby and a two-sided fireplace. The rooms were nice- maybe typcial Hilton Garden Inn. It has a chimnea and an outdoor seating area. It it offers free internet wireless throughout hotel, and a restaurant that closed at 9:00pm. I did not get a chance to eat at hotel but was told that the breakfast was good.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and it was worth the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Hamlet Inn
The Hamlet Inn
#2 of 8 in Southampton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!