“Very nice”

Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Front desk staff are attentive and welcoming.
A bit difficult to enter from west.
Pool is sssmmmaaalll! But the warmest pool I've ever been in!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LMaria65
HGIRiverhead, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your review and mentioning some specifics about our hotel. I am not sure that you noticed our brand new outdoor heated saltwater whirlpool and infared sauna. Perhaps on your next visit you can write us another review! We hope to see you again,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and did their wine tour. The hotel was great for a weekend getaway. It was clean, comfortable, and well decorated. The rooms were spacious and the bed very comfortable. There was a small pool, whirlpool and sauna, which for adults was fine, but if you are travelling with children they might be underwhelmed. There was a bar well stocked with local wines, and a restaurant within the hotel as well. The staff was pleasant and helpful – Joe, who was working the bar and then took us on a wine tour, was extremely welcoming and helpful. The location was great – right across the street from a large outlet center, near downtown Riverhead, close to the North Fork Wine Trail, and pretty close to the area beaches. We did a wine tour through the hotel. It was about 4 hours long and included roundtrip transportation and tastings at 3 wineries. You got a bunch of inside information about both the wineries and the local area. It was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it. We also had breakfast at the hotel. It was really crowded and busy, but the service was still quick and pleasant. The food was okay for a hotel. Overall we had an excellent experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christina342

Thank you for your review and taking the time to include details about your trip. Our wine tours are fairly new and for you to give us thumbs up is important to our whole staff. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Gorgeous rooms! The staff was very helpful. Their rates are affordable. A great place to stay if you’re looking for a weekend getaway!

1  Thank Kristen B
HGIRiverhead, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments, they have me walking on a cloud today! I will be very sure to share them with our staff.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The staff is extremely friendly and the hotel is in the perfect location. It is right by the Tanger Outlets and minutes away from gorgeous wine country. I especially like the package they have for an overnight stay and a trip to a vineyard, which they provide transportation for. I also loved their outdoor fire pit next to their pool, which is perfect for a summer night.

1  Thank Mary P

Thank you for your comments. I am really glad that we had the chance to meet you and that your stay was enjoyable. Please let me know when you are returning we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in mid April as part of a Groupon package, which also included a tour of three of the local wineries. We were very happy with our room (clean, comfortable, nicely decorated) and loved the amenities (indoor pool and hot tub, outdoor heated whirpool and sauna). We spent time in the outdoor whirpool, which was clean, well-kept, and very relaxing.

The manager was very helpful and attentive (as were other staff)-he even upgraded us to a room with a jetted tub because I mentioned it was my birthday. Even when said tub had a problem, the manager came to our room to fix the problem himself. We were very impressed.

The wine tour was quite enjoyable, as well. Our guide Joe was very knowledgeable about the area and we learned and saw a great deal (who knew the Entenmann's owned a winery). We visited the Martha Clara, Dulk Walk, and Pindar wineries. We had ample time at each winery (about an hour) and were served lunch at the second stop. We also stopped at a Vodka Distillery called LiV. I'm not a vodka drinker, but my boyfriend enjoyed the tasting.

We also ate in the hotel's restaurant. Our waitress Faith was wonderful. She was always on top of things even though she was working the dinning room by herself. While there are not a ton of meal choices, I was happy to see that I had at least a couple of choices (I am a vegetarian). We started with a very fresh mixed green salad and delicious bread. I had the pasta primevera which was pretty good and my boyfriend enjoyed the steak sandwhich. There are better restaurants in the area, but overall we were happy with our meal.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and hope to return!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and your feedback of our hotel. For you to remember staff member names truly means that our team made your stay and wine tour memorable. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your feedback and sincerely hope to see you at our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I found a Groupon package for a two-night weekend stay here. The Groupon, which included breakfast both mornings (normally a flat $11.95 p.p.-still a bargain!!!) also gave us a winery tour with box lunch. So I grabbed a friend and off we went. We specified 2 Doubles or Queen-size beds, and that is what we got in a spacious, very clean 3rd floor room. The beds were super comfortable, and even had some adjustability for softer or firmer. Not sure how that worked, but the beds were comfy!

As to the room, my sole complaint was lack of shelf space in the bathroom. It turns out we got an accessible room, although that seemed a bit off because despite all the spaciousness and grab bars in the bathtub/shower, the sink was standard height.
With two women, we made do, her using the desk for makeup & hair, and I the counter by the coffee maker, mini-frig, and microwave, which was just opposite a full length mirror.

Breakfast was yummy: omelets made to order, waffles (Golden Malt batter!! the best!) that you make yourself. Good coffee too. Between a clean, friendly, comfortable and spacious place to lay my head, and those wineries and outlet stores, it was a great weekend!

PS: Dining tip: Make reservations at least 3-4 weeks before you go for the North Fork Table and Inn in Southold. World-class food from Gerry Hayden, recent James Beard Award nominee, and his wife, Claudia Fleming, judge on Top Chef-Just Desserts. Also, Jamesport Country Kitchen for a wonderful lunch or casual dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your detailed write up of our property. Wine country has been good to us so we do our best to promote Long Island Wine Country and truly hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I recently stayed overnight at this hotel. I live on the westside of Long Island,so to check out the Outlets, Montauk, and the Vineyards, it's best to stay somewhere instead of the doing the drive in one day. This time I wanted to check out the Vineyards, and of course, make a stop at the Outlets! This hotel is perfect, right next to Tangers and they provide a service package to check out the vineyards, which includes transportation! You definitely want to take advantage of that since you'll be spending the day tasting wines! It's really a nice, clean, cozy hotel. The staff was really friendly, and the rooms were tiptop shape! Definitely plan to use it again when I make my next East End trip!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your response and mentioning our tours, they have truly taken off and thank you for being a part of our success! We hope to see you again real soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Colonial Shores Resort
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
21 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!