“Convenient location. Modern, clean & comfortable room. Friendly service & good value for money. Would stay there again.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead

Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Riverhead
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

The Hilton Riverhead is an attractive modern hotel. I am not familiar with the area but it is conveniently located right at the end of the freeway from New York. I did not spend much time in the area as I was passing through but I believe it is a popular area with many restaurants and vineyards a short driving distance away.

The car park has ample spaces and is free. Reception and service was friendly and efficient at all times. Our room was modern, clean and comfortable.

There is a large shopping centre, 5 to 10 minutes walk away on the other side of the main road. Other than the shopping centre, there is nothing else within walking distance. I guess the vast majority of people who are staying in the area, drive there, so it doesn't matter as anything you may want is only a short drive away.

The Hilton Riverhead was a nice place to stay and was good value for money. I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Rickey_T
HGIRiverhead, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again real soon. We have made a few improvements since your last stay. Come back and see our outdoor heated whirlpool open year round!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hicksville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Since I do travel often I do have a certain stereotype towards hotels. I have stayed at many great properties, and some not so great, but this hotel completely proved me wrong. From the moment me and my fiancé walked in we were greeted with nothing but smiles. The front desk agent Hannah, I could go on about nothing but good things about this young lady. My fiancé and I are the type of annoying guests (I can admit) that are a hotels nightmare. We are so picky and have nothing but questions all the time. This young lady was so patient and so kind and truly was key to making this experience so much more memorable for us. We tried to escape for a little romantic getaway and Hannah provided us with tons of recommendations, made our reservations for us, and even gave us a small bottle of wine and some fruit which was sent to our room. I truly could not thank her enough for all she did for us and if there were more people like her managing franchises, people would live in hotels. By far the worst thing is staying at a hotel and feeling like a burden to whatever staff is there. In this case we were really able to tell that she loves what she does and it surely reflected in her services. Once we were all checked in we headed to our room which was beautiful. We had the room with the whirlpool tub (which is nice if your looking to relax) and used it both nights of our stay. The room was spotless and even smelled amazing, kudos to the housekeeping staff. We also decided to have breakfast the first morning and it was so good we decided to eat there the second. There was a pretty wide variety of choices and the service was excellent. Both waitresses, although I didn't catch their names were extremely friendly and efficient. The only thing I may recommend though, would be booking the bed and breakfast deal. We didn't realize this upon booking and could have gotten the whole package for a cheaper price. Didn't get to have the dinner, which would be something I would love to try next time I do stay at the hotel as well as doing the wine tour. This is one hotel that has so much to offer and makes itself stand out so much compared to many other hotels. My rating? I would say a 10 out of 10 and that says a lot because I am a very hard person to please. All front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff were amazing and set the standards for any hotel I stay at in the future. Oh yeah and once me and my fiancé agree on a date, we already plan to have our wedding block here! So thank you Hilton Garden Inn for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Book a room with a whirlpool tub and the bed and breakfast deal!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Edward T
Your feedback is very important to us and we thank you for your review. Hannah and the rest of our team have a true dedication and we could not be happier with our team. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Hoover
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn, Riverhead, NY is an excellent property and could not be more conveniently located. Simply ride the Long Island Expressway (I-495) to its eastern terminus and its right there, directly across the street from the Tanger Outlet Mall. I have stayed at this property the Wednesday-Friday of Thanksgiving for several consecutive years, and it only improves every time. The latest upgrade is the addition of a full spa!

The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet, although I recommend asking for a room on the back side of the building if highway noise bothers you at all. The whirlpool suites are worth the upgrade if you like that amenity (but be forwarned that the pool is in the sleeping area of your room and not in the privacy of the room's bathroom).

The beds are excellent, and the linens and duvet comforter very comfortable. Bathroom amenities are the standard HGI, which are above average. Towels are plentiful and of a higher quality than you may see elsewhere. Aerators work to keep the bathroom "unfogged" while showering. Bathrooms are well-lit and spotless.

Every room has a frost-free refrigerator, coffee-maker with two packets of decaf and two of regular. The televisions are new flat-screens with HD capability, and you get a lot more than the average number of channels, plus interactive tv, movies, etc.

The lobby is warm and modern. They put out irresistable fresh-baked cookies every day at 5 p.m. The breakfast, which is included in just about every stay, is a combination buffet and made-to-order hot foods at no extra cost. The bagels are above-average, the variety of cereals will satisfy almost anyone from age 2-99 and they have hot oatmeal every day. On the down side, the orange juice was mediocre and the grapefruit juice is out of a can --- but they also have prune juice, which you don't see very often these days.

There is ample parking on the property, and even during high-season at the Tanger Outlet, you won't have a problem because the lot is controled at the entrance (an employee checks to make sure you are a registered guest). The hotel has three shuttle buses to ferry guests to the Outlets.

The hotel bar is well-stocked, but does not stay open too late, so if you want nightlife, you need to drive or shuttle over to the hotel that is on the other side of the outlet mall --- and that nightclub can be very busy. It gets a diverse crowd, and has Latin Dance Nights on one hand and good old rock & roll on the other. Odds are, you'll find something you'll like there.

The front desk staff is friendly, quickly learns your name and wants to please. Even the GM will greet guests and make sure everything is okay.

Down-side? You can only turn right when exiting the hotel, so if you want to drive to the mall, you have to go about 3/4-mile north before you can make a U-turn and head back south (and get to the mall entrance). The same applies for getting to attractions, such as the nearby Aquarium.

Down-side #2? Some of the silverware (cutlery) and plates were not clean and had to be sent back for replacement at breakfast. It is probably a case of something sticking in the dishwasher, but it should have been noticed by the stacker and packer before being put into the user area. When the server was shown this, she was visibly upset and provided immediate replacement.

The hotel offers advance purchase discounts and lots of other promotions.

Overall, an 8 out of 10 in my book --- and a 10 would be almost impossible to get from me.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade to the whirlpool suites if that's something that appeals to you, but note...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Nathan S
HGIRiverhead, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you for your thorough review of our property! I hope to see you again.
long island new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed at this property the first weekend in Nov. The hotel is fairly new and in very good condition. The lobby area is very pleasant. Most of the employees were so friendly and so helpful. The location is right across the street from the outlet mall, although you cannot directly access the mall. You have to go down the road a bit and than turn around (a very slight inconvenience) We has a very comfortable king size bed and the whirlpool tub which is in the bedroom. The Saturday night that we spent there had 3 weddings that night. Unfortunately, one of the wedding parties were extremely loud and inconsiderate very late into the next morning, which was not conducive for getting a good nights sleep. The hotel staff apologized and knew about the problem and tried to rectify it.

Room Tip: try to stay away from large wedding parties.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lorrie053
Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed the wine tour.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I visited this hotel for a weekend stay with my Mom and two friends. This was our first trip to the Hamptons, and we looked forward to the chance to visit some local wineries and enjoy some great restaurants and shopping. This turned out to be the perfect girls' weekend.

The hotel is literally across the highway from the Tanger Outlets. The location is great; we were able to have dinner in East Hampton (Fresno Restaurant- fabulous by the way), and brunch in Riverhead (at the Riverhead Project-great too).

When we approached the hotel, we noticed how pretty and clean the exterior was. I think there was a wedding that weekend and the hotel was sold out, and there was still plenty of parking available. We were even more excited when we entered the lobby. Full of natural light, it was very inviting, with lots of seating and a large dining area.

We were pleasantly surprised that we were able to check in and receive our room keys upon our arrival at 10 AM. We called ahead to let them know what time we anticipated arriving, and were expecting to check our bags and enjoy the lobby before the hotel's wine tour at 11 AM. It was such a nice touch that they were able to honor our request for an early check-in, in the midst of a very busy weekend. The front desk staff was extremely friendly. Julianne greeted us as well. We corresponded a bit before the trip to confirm our lunch requests for the wine tour. She was just as friendly and approachable as was reflected in her emails.

Our room was on the second floor, #240, with two queen beds. As soon as we opened the door, we noticed how clean and fresh the room looked and smelled. We were expecting the room to be a little tight with four adult women, however there was a nice amount of space. There was a flat-screen TV on top of a dresser unit with lots of space in the drawers. Also, there was a pretty nice-sized closet. We were happy with the amount of floor space. Our room had a view of the parking lot. The bathroom was lovely too. The beds were comfortable.

We really enjoyed the wine tour. The hotel's shuttle took us to three vineyards in the North Fork, with a tasting at each. I think we tasted about 14 different wines, total. Our favorite vineyard was Pindar. They have a winter white wine that's absolutely delicious! We actually stopped by there again on the way home to grab a couple more bottles. The wine tour included a boxed lunch with chips, fruit, and a drink, which we enjoyed at the second vineyard, Duck Walk. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with provolone, lettuce, tomato, pesto, and mayo. Very yummy.

We returned to the hotel at 3 PM. I think the tour is an excellent value, and guests should take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy some of the vineyards without having to drive! They take great care of you.

After our wine tour, we relaxed in the pool and hot tub. There were towels available in the entrance to the pool area, and everything was clean and inviting. We had to have stayed in there for about 45 minutes. The far wall consists of glass, so again, there was lots of wonderful natural light. The only thing we would change about the jacuzzi is the jets aren't that strong. You don't really get any bubbles, so it was like sitting in a tub rather than an actual jacuzzi. The temperature was perfect; we were just expecting more power from the jets.

Other than that, we were extremely happy with our stay, and WILL be back. Check-out was a breeze. I highly recommend this hotel if you're ever in the area. We just had a wonderful time and left feeling pampered and refreshed.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank virtue37_4
Thank you for selecting our hotel and I truly appreciate your feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stay at Hilton Garden Inn pretty often, and everytime I stay I leave falling in love with it more and more. Their restaurant is amazing and the room service is impeccable. What fascinates me is that when I call down, they waitress always knows what I want. Besides the food, the beds are to die for. This is the only hotel that I've stayed at that has sleep number beds. It's as comfortable as my bed at home. That's one of their many ways how they make you feel like your at home. They have a nice patio area where you can sit and relax. I've stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns and this one tops my list. All the staff there are amazing friendly. Everytime I walk in there's either a guy and a girl, or two girls with big smiles on their faces. Not to mention the delicious cookies they put out every night. You guys are outstanding!!!

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank SirLancer
Rocky Point, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

we stayed at the honeymoon suite in the Hilton Garden Inn in Riverhead for our wedding night. It was a super nice room! Really friendly staff. Very clean. We had a great time there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank hr220a
I am so glad that you had the chance to select our hotel for the most special night of your life, congratulations and hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Inn at East Wind
The Inn at East Wind
#1 of 2 in Wading River

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!