“Great Location for shopping at Tanger Outlets”

Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Manchester, CT
“Great Location for shopping at Tanger Outlets”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Located within sight of the Tanger Outlet Mall so it is a great choice if you plan to do some shopping. Rooms are clean. Service and food in the restaurant/bar are good.

Room Tip: Some first floor rooms have ceiling fans.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I thought when l booked this room for the Labor Day weekend l would get better quality than the local motel dumps in the area. First off, the over booked and we had to wait until they could find two bed accommodation. They offered us a king bed instead of two queens which was ridiculous considering we were with our 15 year old son! We had booked and paid for our reservation a month prior and were shocked by the mishap. After 15 minutes they located a room on the ground level, first of the beds were rock hard, they advertise they are dial a bed comfort, well one side of the bed was broke and lopsided. The other bed offered no comfort for my son either. Room service forget that! When we got back to our room the next day at 6 p.m the room was in the same condition never touched. When we complained they said housekeepering hadn't finished yet. Seriously, at 6 p.m? Well, it got worse. It was so loud and noisy at night about 1 a.m drunk women from a wedding party were in the hall and tried to open our door with their room card and began banging on our door. The room above us were so loud and to top it off there was a short in the mini fridge and it kept kicking on and off. Then at 8: 30 on Tuesday morning the day we were supposed to check out (At 12 p.m) housekeeping finally desided to show up and knocked on our door, when l declined service she cussed me out. After that we had had it and left that Tuesday morning exhausted and l expected so much more from a Hilton.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank travelinggirl25610
HGIRiverhead, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
In reviewing our notes on your room for the day you did not receive your room cleaned we honored your "do not disturb" sign that you left on your door. As far as being "cussed" at, the housekeeper that worked your floor is a tenured, respectable individual and also english is her second language. I highly doubt you heard what you think you did as this person is a very religious as well. If you can call or e-mail me at 631-727-2733 or ed.carroll@hilton.com we can discuss this further. I also ask that you modify your comments as they have hurt the person you have commented on deeply.
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I spent last weekend out in eastern long island and stayed here. Hotel was very clean, well designed and had a terrific breakfast. Most of the hotel employees were very nice and receptive. Only negative was the location, a bit of a drive to Sag Harbor, Montauk and the Hamptons... but otherwise a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd top/floor away from elevator but unfortunately over-looking the pool area which wa...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mrstats69
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Comfortable, great breakfast included, convinient for Hamptons and North fork of LI but a bit pricy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank awall13
Surfside Beach, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I and my daughters stayed here this past April. I was home from working in Iraq and just wanted to relax with my daughters who live on Long Island. It was a very clean quiet hotel. The salt water pool was excellent and they loved it. The staff was great. I even had to make my arrangements to get back to Iraq while I was staying here and they helped me scan my documents and get them back to my employer. The Manager personally spoke to me and asked me if I was enjoying my stay and I liked the pool and such. It made an already great trip visiting my daughters even better. Nice place to stay on Long Island. Close enough to the city, but away from the hustle and bustle... I will be staying here on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael1440
HGIRiverhead, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for your comments and your service to our country!
Munich, Germany
Reviewed August 13, 2011

New hotel with comfortable and spacious rooms. Good bathroom. Laundromat available on ground floor. Internet is free in rooms. Good Business Center and Gym available .
Hotel is located in front of the Tanger Outlet (for shopping enthusiasts) and central to Long Island beaches and attractions of Suffolk County.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelpro_d
Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again!
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Very pleasant surprise! Nice Staff! Very Clean & has ambience for a chain type hotel! Had hoped to stay at B&B but everything was booked. In retrospect it was maybe even more delightful as the rooms were spacious and well equiped and nice restaurant. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank blumaf
We appreciate your comments. We know there are many options and the B&B's are beautiful on the north fork and we are so glad that you selected our hotel thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!