“Nice place”

Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I spent last weekend out in eastern long island and stayed here. Hotel was very clean, well designed and had a terrific breakfast. Most of the hotel employees were very nice and receptive. Only negative was the location, a bit of a drive to Sag Harbor, Montauk and the Hamptons... but otherwise a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd top/floor away from elevator but unfortunately over-looking the pool area which wa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mrstats69

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Comfortable, great breakfast included, convinient for Hamptons and North fork of LI but a bit pricy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank awall13
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I and my daughters stayed here this past April. I was home from working in Iraq and just wanted to relax with my daughters who live on Long Island. It was a very clean quiet hotel. The salt water pool was excellent and they loved it. The staff was great. I even had to make my arrangements to get back to Iraq while I was staying here and they helped me scan my documents and get them back to my employer. The Manager personally spoke to me and asked me if I was enjoying my stay and I liked the pool and such. It made an already great trip visiting my daughters even better. Nice place to stay on Long Island. Close enough to the city, but away from the hustle and bustle... I will be staying here on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael1440
HGIRiverhead, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for your comments and your service to our country!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

New hotel with comfortable and spacious rooms. Good bathroom. Laundromat available on ground floor. Internet is free in rooms. Good Business Center and Gym available .
Hotel is located in front of the Tanger Outlet (for shopping enthusiasts) and central to Long Island beaches and attractions of Suffolk County.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelpro_d

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Very pleasant surprise! Nice Staff! Very Clean & has ambience for a chain type hotel! Had hoped to stay at B&B but everything was booked. In retrospect it was maybe even more delightful as the rooms were spacious and well equiped and nice restaurant. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank blumaf

We appreciate your comments. We know there are many options and the B&B's are beautiful on the north fork and we are so glad that you selected our hotel thank you!

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Very nice hotel. Clean and friendly staff. Had a very nice meal. The food was very good and the service was great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank John73D

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed in the hotel for one night for a wedding nearby. The hotel itself is nice and has a great lobby, large clean rooms, and a very comfortable bed. The problem is the AC unit in the room. Instead of keeping temperature at a constant level the unit lets the room get very hot and which point the AC unit comes on full blast and brings down the temperature to freezing cold. Every time the AC unit turns back on, it sounds let a jet taking off. The cycle repeats every 20 minutes or so. The whole night you are throwing the blanket off or clutching to it for your dear life. If you are a light sleeper it's close to impossible staying asleep. I checked with our friends staying the same night, they had the same problem with the AC.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. Our rooms are equipped with thermostats that allow you to control your temperature to your liking. That particular weekend you stayed was in the 90 degree range during the day. As I am sure you can imagine all of our AC units were working overtime. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Bowen's by the Bays
Bowen's by the Bays
#2 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!