“Hand-Packed Burgers and Great Service ... Need I Say More?”

Shirley's Stoney Creek
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Well, in case I DO need to say more, Shirley's was a strange "find" for my fiance and myself. He had been in the area awhile, but after a year, I was on the search for a restaurant with a burger I could really love. On a fluke, I said, "Let's go here," as we were driving by and that, as they say, made all the difference.

Delicious hand-packed (this means fresh, not frozen) burgers on nice buns with great veg in place as well. We haven't been disappointed by one single item and the service is always impeccable. I just love it. Quite a gem with great prices as well.

If you love quilts, you'll love the panorama of them hanging all around the restaurant too!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My parent's live very near to Shirley's in the summer and I swear we do take-out almost every night while visiting. I think the Chef Salad is one of the best I've ever had. Every order is actually enough for two people or two meals. My husband thinks Shirley has the best soft ice cream of anywhere he's ever tried (and he likes to believe he is an expert in this area). It's not a gourmet menu but I don't think we've ever had anything we were disappoointed with. The staff is made up of local high school students for the most part, learning the ropes of customer service but they are generally pleasant.

1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Have a seasonal cabin in Richmondville and have been going to Shirleys regularly for 6 years. The food is always delicious and large portions, very reasonable, and the owner is a delight. Previous post complained about owner, well I have never heard a bad thing or raised voice from her to anyone ever.
Always fun to talk with the local folk as well ... like being with family when you step into Shirleys Stoney Creek.
Highly recommend!

1  Thank don t
Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a treasure. We had driven quite a while on the Thruway and after it's end were looking for a place to eat (that was not a chain). Our "Next Exit" book led us to Shirley's. Not very pretty on the outside, but rustic and clean on the inside. In addition to a very good lunch, we spent the time admiring the quilts that she and her mother made (and are for sale) that are hanging throughout the restaurant on the walls. We both had salads. Quite good! We would say that it is a place worth stopping. Contrary to a previous writer, the owner (Shirley) was pleasant and courtious. We asked questions and she was pleasant with her replies...friendly, in fact. All in all: the food was good and reasonable and the place was a pleasure to be in. Although they accept credit cards, we suggest you plan on paying with cash.

1  Thank exauctioneer
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A friend and I were going to have lunch in our usual place on Route 7 closer to Oneonta, but it was such a gorgeous day that I suggested "lets drive out Route 7 to Cobleskill and see if there are any interesting looking places to eat" and she agreed to that idea. We saw this place and decided to check it out. After seeing the inside and looking at the menu and specials, we decided this would be our lunch spot today.

We ordered off of the "specials" board. I had the corn chowder and the sweet corn nuggets. Honestly, I was pretty full after that, BUT the huge selection of deserts lured me in and I broke down and had a twist waffle cone. It was very good. There is a small selection of baked goods at very reasonable prices and I was tempted to take something home, but will power won out.

This is a family run place and the family is VERY friendly. The decor is great......lots of light colored wood, and gorgeous handmade quilts hung around the perimeter. Lots of smaller quilted items for sale, and I bought a very nice small wall hanging for a VERY reasonable price.

I wish the prices for the food items were a little bit cheaper, but I have to admit that they are pretty competitive prices and that I shouldn't complain.

I plan to return next week, if I can.