“Great flavour”

Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Richmond Hill
Cuisines: American
“Great flavour”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights by JFK airport and ate here both nights. The food is Caribbean, Guyanese style and is the best blend of Indian and Jamaican style food i've ever had the pleasure of eating. The Jerk chicken and bunghal attack your taste buds wonderfully and the roti and dhal are perfect. Prices are cheap.mthe owner made us feel very welcome as we tried curried shark and heavenly spinach dishes. The table top hot sauces were great, especially the honey mustard habanero. Our 3 kids were made to feel welcome and the spices we tone down for them appropriately. This food would go down a treat in the UK!

Visited July 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Delicious but...”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were visiting friends in New York City and our friend arranged for 18 of us to meet at the Nest Restaurant. I was interested in what type of food consisted of Caribbean, Chinese, Indian Cuisine. We ordered what we thought was from the healthy choice menu, Chicken and vegetables. It was only $6,95 and I thought that was great since we were on a budget. The food was very delicious but didn't taste exactly like a healthy "steamed" meal would taste like. It was too delicious! When we got the bill it was $2 more, so we asked the waitress and she said it was from the regular menu and not the healthy menu. She said she thought that's what we wanted, even though she hadn't asked us. She checked with the manager, but they never offered to make any adjustments. The service was pretty good considering there were 18 of us, and so were the prices but I think they should have offered us something to make up for the misunderstanding.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank budgettraveler00
New York City, New York
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Caribbean Chinese Indian Restaurant..
I started going to the Nest in 2005 and stopped because the service and quality started to drop. My friends brought me back in 2009 and ever since than I was hooked. I was made to understand they change ownership in 2009 and the food has gotten 100% better. Portion size is a great value, I always walk out feeling stuffed. They have improved the Bar. Now you could watch all sporting events, not just cricket on multiple TV. There is also live entertainment on the weekends.
When you go there you have to try the 3 tier Shrimp platter (Shrimp Sambala) as well as some of the new creation the owner always try to promote.
I think the Nest is one of the top Caribbean Restaurant in Queens and well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2012