“Blast from my grandparent's past”
Review of The Village Motel

The Village Motel
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was one of the least expensive options for lodging near Cooperstown (20 minute drive) and was ok for the money. Clean rooms and the AC worked like a champ (thank God!). The decor probably hasn't been updated since the 50's, including the sign welcoming you to the motel ("TV", "Free in room phones!"). It was like staying at grandma's house. But they did have some modern conveniences...wi-fi, a flat screen TV, and a microwave and mini fridge. It is definitely no-frills, but if all you need is a bed, bath and some AC, it is a great fit.

Room Tip: Room 10 (of 11) was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy R

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I came here to upstate New York after the floodings in near-by areas. We first came to fountain view- but their cleanliness was terrible, there were small ants everywhere, and I had found a small garden snake inside my room in the corner of the bathroom! After this horrible experience, I went to The Village Motel- and everything was in tip too shape. I most definitely reccomend Village Motel over any other

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank xx3smiths
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stay in Richfield Springs when visiting Cooperstown to stay away from Cooperstown pricing. The Village Motel was convenient to Cooperstown and to meals, and was clean and well-kept. I felt comfortable there. The only thing I could have asked for that was not provided was internet access. I like to upload my pictures each day, and I had to scramble to find a hotspot for that and keeping up with business and personal e-mail.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Came to see family in RS for the Memorial Day and had a great stay. The town had a beautiful parade and time spent on the lake made for a great vacation. The rooms were clean and room service did a great job. Very kind owners, walking into a room with a wall mounted flat-screen TV was a nice treat. Will stay again, I recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at the Village Motel because it was the only motel available in Richfield Springs where we were visiting relatives. It was functional and met our needs for a place to sleep and shower. I always choose old strip motels when they are available because I do not need the luxury or aesthetics of newer standardized chains. I like the ambience of the old dames. That said, this motel was not as well maintained or serviced as most that I stay at.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a pleasant stay at the illage Hotel. It is a clean comfortable place to stay with a pretty drive into Cooperstown. I chose The Village Motel mainly because it was the closest available hotel to Cooperstown for induction weekend. It was particularly nice to have a tavern, Stewarts gas station and a few restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CincySportsFan
Reviewed June 14, 2012

There are a surprising amount of motels in this tiny little town and I was faced with the decision of which one to stay at for two nights. I chose The Village Motel mainly because it was closer to town, having a Stewarts gas station and a few restaurants in walking distance. I was pleasantly surprised by the room because of a flat screen tv that was mounted just so I could relax in bed and watch some tv, as I expected a run of the mill TV just like most motels. The room was clean but the bathroom was to be especially commended. I've run into issues with hair and leftover pieces of tissue paper being left in bathrooms at other places I've stayed at but the maid here is to be given a gold medal with this one. The bathroom is usually the scariest to think about when staying in a room since being hygienic is the most important, and I was impressed here. All in all, I'm glad I chose this motel to stay at and would highly recommend anyone else to come visit this relaxing motel and enjoy it for themselves.

Room Tip: Room #9 was the one I was in, had a quiet AC and the wall mounted TV.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
The Baseball Hotel
The Baseball Hotel
#1 of 4 in Richfield Springs
Red Roof Inn & Suites Herkimer

Been to The Village Motel? Share your experiences!