“gluten free!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Rhinecliff
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant at The Rhinecliff is a casual, fun, high quality, unpretentious gastropub! We feature local, seasonal produce, cooked simply, properly and with guts! Through the warm season enjoy outdoor dining on our patio overlooking the river, in colder times enjoy our cozy indoor bar and restaurant with fireplace! We feature craft artisanal beers and local wineries, our by the glass wine selections are broad and our cocktails seasonal and fun! Breakfast every day, brunch on Sundays, full dinner every day!
Reviewed April 8, 2014

They have this most incredible GLUTEN FREE brownie that is to die-for. DONT MISS OUT!! If you can, try and get it warmed up and with vanilla bean ice cream. Delish!

jameschapm, Owner at The Rhinecliff Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dearest Sb,

Just to give our gluten-free friends a delicious update, our wondrous gluten-free brownies, prepared by the magical Kelly of Savvy Girl Brownie Co, is now adding a Blondie to the mix which we shall be featuring the moment we get our hands on some....watch this space!!

James

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had brunch at the Rhinecliff this week. It was outstanding. The service was very good, and the room is one of the most beautiful in the Hudson Valley. I'd come back here anytime.

jameschapm, Owner at The Rhinecliff Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

John thank you so much for your kind words, my Goodness, we didn't even pay you!!!
No but seriously, we've put a lot of effort in to making our Sunday Jazz Brunch a fine thing. Hopefully the mix of great live musicians, Tracie's Bloody Marys, the Sunday newspapers, a good Eggs Benedict and a big slice of mighty Hudson River is a winning combination!
So please do come and see us again, hopefully soon the snow will recede and the outdoor patio will be open, hurrah!!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Had my bridal shower at the rhinecliff in December of 2013. The space was beautiful and the food was great. More than I could have asked for. Our only complaint was Nicole. Leading up to the shower she would take weeks to respond to emails and phone calls. And then when she would respond it was never with the correct information. Which made us question if we had made the right decision in having the shower here. Luckily on the day of everything worked out well. Except Nicole never said a single word to anyone. Not a congratulations or asking how everything was. She was extremely rude, I could not image having a wedding here with how she treated us. If you are a bride looking to have your wedding here I would definitely think over hard and make sure your okay with little to no communication before your wedding.

I'm so happy you enjoyed the shower! I was present on the day and remember looking in and it certainly seemed everyone was having a fine old time, so bravo!
I must confess, your comments on Nicole are a little puzzling, we discussed everything to do with the shower's organization and Nicole had a very steady e-mail exchange with Mom in regard to most of the arrangements so I can only apologize if you somehow formed this impression of Nicole, as it certainly bares no resemblance to the warm and fuzzy Nicole we know and love, who guides all our guests smoothly through their planning processes, and she's there to oversee too on the day (unlike many event "sales" people!), and always with a smile on her face!
But anyway, the main thing is you had a fine time, here's wishing you all the best going forward! James

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We met family for brunch at this historic hotel set right on the Hudson River in Rhinecliff, NY. It offered a diverse brunch / lunch menu with delicious food. Unfortunately it was a cloudy, damp and rainy day so we could not fully appreciate the beautiful outdoor patio overlook the river. There was a live band playing music - a nice touch especially during the lunch / brunch serving period. We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning to this unique and historic hotel restaurant!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This review is the worst I've ever written. I have never been treated so horribly in my entire life! My partner and I have been coming here for over a year by boat, and have enjoyed the location. We ordered some drinks from the bar and asked to have the 10 oz. Rib-eye and fish & chips, which we had enjoyed the week before. We received the entrees and the fish was in nugget sized bites, just a little larger than the french fries, the steak thinly cut grilled on one side and well past medium rare. We sent it back...fifteen minutes passed and eventually a manager appeared on the patio. After getting his attention he reluctantlly came to our table. His first response was that he had been avoiding us as, he didn't want to get into an arguement. He told us that that was the way the fish was cut and that we should accept the condition of the food because otherwise he could call the authorites on us...threatened by a manager! I can only ask, who would possibly hire anyone to represent their business this way...I was so extremely surprised at his response and have no idea what he was thinking. I have made a call to the owners to address the issue and hope to have some resolution. To be continued....

3  Thank justeele
jameschapm, Owner at The Rhinecliff Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please accept my apologies, this doesn't sound like our restaurant at all! Please do give me a call at the hotel as soon as you are able so I may find out quite what went on here and can sort you out some appropriate recompense, we remain proud of our home-cooked fish n'chips and I'd like to invite you back for some fresh ones, served with a smile!!

Kindest regards