“Great”

Pete's Famous Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great breakfast, typical diner atmosphere, great value, great service hosts welcome you in as soon as you walk in the door. Very comfortable place to just eat and relax

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We walked in and stood by the door while waiting to be acknowledged by someone who told us we could have a seat in an open booth. It took about 7 minutes for our waitress to drop off menus and ask us if we wanted a drink. We weren't in a rush though, so weren't bothered by it. After we ordered, our food came out pretty quickly and the pancakes were delicious (I'm a pancake snob - very picky). We both had home fries which were good, but could have had more seasoning. My boyfriend had eggs with bacon and the bacon was terrible. It tasted like it had been cooked days before, and was cold and flavorless. Basically, cardboard.

A friendly woman went around with coffee a few times keeping cups filled. We sat for about ten minutes after eating and waited for our check, but decided to get up and pay at the register. We would definitely return for the food if we were ever in the area, just wouldn't order bacon. We overall enjoyed the atmosphere and food at the diner, just seemed to have a waitress who was more interested in her regular tables than us.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We generally have the turkey bacon club for lunch and end up taking home half for dinner. Too big to eat. Their breakfasts are great. Especially the French toast!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Listed as one of the last expensive places in Rhinebeck, we chose Pete's Famous restaurant the afternoon of Saturday, Feb 22. I enjoyed the chicken gyro & he had the burger. Eveready is much better, but this is a cute place in town with excellent service. Recommended for simple diner fare.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our waitress was attentive, polite, fun, and took great care of us. Three of us were there for lunch. The food that was good was really excellent! From the tasty chicken soup to the best moussaka I've had in ages some parts of the meal were spectacular. The dolma tasted like my mothers and they made it there. The food that wasn't good (my spanikopita was overcooked and dry and should not have been plated) was not edible. The reason I still gave this restaurant a very good rating is that even without the spanikopita I had more than enough to eat and the waitress offered to replace the spanikopita with more moussaka to make good and she apologized instead of just ignoring the issue. We'll go back.