“Bad night?”

Ranked #19 of 55 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean dishes prepared with the ingredients from our local farmers and food artisans. Enjoy traditional Mediterranean fare along with hand made pastas, thin crusted Skizzas (Gigi "pizzas"), and bountiful salads. Our ambiance is sophisticated, yet informal, and we provide options for family style dinning. Moderate prices, attentive service and consistently outstanding seasonal food encourage regular dining at Gigi Trattoria.
Newburgh, New York
“Bad night?”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

First bad experience here after many good ones. Service was slow...my food was visibly burnt when dropped at my table. By the time our server made it around to asking about our meals I was just ready leave. Sent 3 of 4 pieces of fried chicken away and it didn't occur to our server that maybe I don't like
eating charcoal. 5/23/2014

Niagara Falls, New York
“Overpriced and Mediocre”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Should have learned my lesson and not returned, but got talked into it.
Ordered a Vodka Gimlet (lime juice and Vodka) and got a small glass of brown something with a slice of lemon floating on top. Asked waiter to take it away and please get me a glass of water. Appetizers were bland and tasteless and entrees were just plain slapdash and serve.
Bill for this unimaginative mess was an outrage . Will never, ever go back, in fact I won't even walk in the same side of the street for fear my hair will fall out .

Kingston, NY
“Great outdoor dining, but the food is just ok”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have been to Gigi's several times because my friends like it. I don't find much on the menu that interests me and I love Italian food. I usually order a Skizza which is a flatbread pizza that they are well known for. It is very good. It is never my pick when in Rhinebeck.

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Very Disappointed!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have been here many times, but not in a few years. The menu has changed and NOT for the better. There is only One non-meat dinner entree and that is a super spicy pasta dish. Too bad if you want pasta with a different, non spicy sauce that is also meatless. This was requested and we were told they only offer the sauces that come with the entrees. A very rigid response to an easy request. It's too bad; this used to be one of our favorite restaurants. We will not return and do not recommend it any longer.

• Visited May 2014
“Consistently great and that's why we keep coming!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We are a foodie family of 4 and we just love Gigi's. The service is friendly and welcoming and the new spring menu is wonderful. Last night we had one of our best meals yet with highlights being the soft shell crab (perfectly cooked), the pork chop with fava beans, anchovies and olives and my salmon with wheat barley, pomegranate molasses and greens. It was all wonderful. The place was packed last night and had a lovely festive atmosphere without being too loud. Now we are just waiting for the weather to oblige so we can use the outdoor seating area!