“A real treat”

Ranked #13 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Italian-French fare in a modern and convivial ambiance. Enjoy classic and innovative dishes featured on our lunch, dinner, dessert, and catering menus.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just had our second meal at Gigi and I don't understand all the complaints on many reviews about the service or cramped seating. We experienced a very attentive and helpful server, had great food and the atmosphere was as pleasant as could be. I would not hesitate to recommend it and will definitely return.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Been there three times over the years and each time walked out still hungry after the meal. Tonight it was no different. And sorry, but my entre was $27 and it was not very good. Certainly not worth the money.
Also waiter was pleasant enough but took forever to come around for anything. Tables are a little too close for my comfort level. And if you want good, imaginative pizza there are better places to get it in town.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The owner is obviously interested in one thing----your money.

1) Tables are scrunched together for maximum revenue per square foot.

2) My wife told the waiter she did not want a drink. I ordered a glass of Pinot Noir and the waiter brought something that was definitely NOT Pinot Noir (probably was a Merlot). I sent it back told him it wasn't a Pinot Noir, and asked again for a Pinot Noir. The waiter brought back a small glass for me to taste that actually happened to be Pinot Noir. I said, yes, that was good and to bring me a glass of that. He comes over with an entire bottle and TWO glasses and a corkscrew. I told him I only wanted a glass (as before). So, he comes back and gives me a glass that was NOT the wine I tasted. It turns out it was Cotes du Rhone!!!
I did not want to be a jerk and make a scene so I just drank it.
Rather than the owner making it simple at first and saying that they don't serve Pinot Noir by the glass, they tried to pawn off their other garbage wines on the unsuspecting, hoping they will not notice.

3) While this is going on the lady at the next table (practically on top of ours) is talking with her hands and knocks over her glass of wine. She asks the waiter for some help, they clean it up and she asks for another (I of course think they'll do the right thing and give her one, gratis, as things like this happen occasionally in restaurants). But they never come back with another glass. Much later I hear her ask for the check and that she never got the glass of wine she asked for.

By the way, the food is nothing to write home about. And it's hard trying to eat in a place where you feel the owner does not give a damn about his/her clientele.

Voting with my feet. Never going back.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I found this place to be average on all counts. Food was ok, service was ok but at no point did I really feel that there was a reason to return to this restaurant. The atmosphere is stuffy and borderline hipster pretentious so that's a BIG, negative right there.
There are many restaurants in Rhinebeck that I enjoy so much more than this one and those are the ones I'll be visiting in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday. We were seated in the back room which was quite crowded, almost every table was full. The room is quite narrow and the tables are close to one another. The food was okay. We shared the parmesan fries which were very good. I had the chicken "pot pie." It was really thick soup with a biscuit on top. It was passable. Nothing special. Our waitress was pleasant. It isn't a place I will be rushing back to dine at.