“Fresh Pasta!”

Ranked #14 of 57 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean dishes prepared with the ingredients from our local farmers and food artisans. Enjoy traditional Mediterranean fare along with hand made pastas, thin crusted Skizzas (Gigi "pizzas"), and bountiful salads. Our ambiance is sophisticated, yet informal, and we provide options for family style dinning. Moderate prices, attentive service and consistently outstanding seasonal food encourage regular dining at Gigi Trattoria.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a great find! The food was wonderful! My husband and I shared the spinach lasagna and I am glad we did. The portions are large. We also had a delicious salad...crunchy and topped with fresh-shaved parmesan cheese. The bread was hot and very good. Busy spot on the main street in the lovely town of Rhinebeck. Our waiter was very attentive. Overall, wonderful experience.

There are newer reviews for Gigi Trattoria

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Still a reliable place for fresh locally sourced food. The skizzas are always a good option (this visit included one with chicken sausage and green beans). The scallop risotto one evening was just tremendous (in a portion that I couldn't finish - even though I really wanted to!). Easiest to get a table if you go on the early or slightly late side - reservations only for parties of 6 or more, and the wait can be long at peak times.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

On previous visits we had sat outside, but this year it was a very cold evening so we had to settle for indoors. Food was just as great, but just prefer the outdoor seating. (We returned 2 nights later and sat outside when it was warmer.)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We started with the most divine mussels. Fragrant and delicious. I had a grilled chicken on focaccia bread with gruyere, and my friend got one of their flat bread pizzas (they call them skizzas). both were wonderful. A real foodie destination. And our waiter was really helpful and sweet.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had lunch at Gigi Trattoria yesterday. Nice outdoor dining under a canopy, which helps when the sun is intense. I ordered the shrimp and fettucini dish off the lunch specials menu. Small portion was not commensurate with the $17 price. The problem, however, was the 35 minute wait time from ordering to eating, and this at 3pm on a Thursday with just a small handful of patrons in the restaurant. They comped my 2 ice teas without me asking, which is professional. The point here is that the kitchen needs to fill tickets faster. Rhinebeck is a culinary bonanza; there simply are many better choices within walking distance.