“Not like years past...”

Ranked #14 of 57 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean dishes prepared with the ingredients from our local farmers and food artisans. Enjoy traditional Mediterranean fare along with hand made pastas, thin crusted Skizzas (Gigi "pizzas"), and bountiful salads. Our ambiance is sophisticated, yet informal, and we provide options for family style dinning. Moderate prices, attentive service and consistently outstanding seasonal food encourage regular dining at Gigi Trattoria.
new york
“Not like years past...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Having had superlative food here, I had high expectations (again) with no cause to think they would not be met. However, I was disappointed beginning with my drink. Not only was the service slow (granted, it was kind of busy) but the food was cooked using average-quality ingredients, and my dishes lacked any flavor. Bummer. Another one bites the dust.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank pickling

new jersey
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had heard good things about Gigi's but our meal exceeded expectations. Salads and appetizers were delicious. The arugula salad is exceptional!. Our entrees were wonderful. The swordfish belly dish was one of the best seafood dishes I've ever eaten. The wine list is not extensive, but there is a good selection at fair mark-up. Quite a few Italian wines are available.

Gigi's also offers pizza and small dishes for grazing tourists.
We did not find the prices to be extreme considering the quality of the food.

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Good Italian in Rheinbeck”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family wanted to eat in Rheinbeck; a friend had recommended Gigi Trattoria.
As other reviews have noted, prices are high ($150 for 3 people).
But, the pasta was all homemade and delicious.
The arugula salad is to die for; literally the best I have ever had.
And, everyone at Gigi's was having a wonderful time!
The only major problems -- no reservations(!) and parking can be a problem.

• Visited September 2012
Woodstock, New York
“More for the visitor”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Each time I dined there, I left hungry and somewhat broke. The "skizza's" are the flattest pizza's I have ever had. But the prices match regular pizzas. And to add to it? Prepare to break your piggy bank.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank missjean64
New Paltz, New York
“Solid contemporary Italian”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

One of the best places to eat in Rhinebeck. Indoor and outdoor. Modern take on Italian food. So-so service.