“Best gluten-free pizza crust ever!”
Review of Gigi

Gigi
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Italian-French fare in a modern and convivial ambiance. Enjoy classic and innovative dishes featured on our lunch, dinner, dessert, and catering menus.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

One of Gigi's specialties is their "Skizza". Not sure why it's called Skizza. Perhaps they make their delicious, super-thin pizzas in a skillet? All I know is that their gluten-free variety is the best I have ever tasted. It's crispy, flavorful and the perfect base for all the delicious toppings. I got the Margherita, and my daughter got the Margherita with goat cheese instead of the usual fresh mozzarella. They were really good!

I would love to have the recipe for this crust, but the staff would not divulge the ingredients. We drove to nearby Red Hook to the Gigi Market where they shrink-wrapped five gluten-free crusts for us to take home to freeze for the future.

If you have to eat gluten-free, or even if you don't, try this great pizza.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We walked around Rhinebeck and Red Hook then decided to try this place based on the menu and that it was busy. This is some of the best food I have ever had, the food was pretty and tasted excellent. Yes, I have eaten in many places and yes, I love culinary food. Definately a place that should be visited when you are in the area. Yummy!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

After Terrapin, this is my husband's and I's second choice to eat in Rhinebeck. I love their caesar salad, the skizzas are usually a hit, and the pasta is always great. We love sitting outside with our dog and eating lunch on a nice day.

1  Thank tlp0708
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am a person who is a bit a a foody. I have traveled extensively through out my life and still do. While staying in Rhinebeck recently we asked around for a good restaurant to go for lunch and the word was Gigi's! Well I have to say, we weren't at all disappointed. Much to our pleasure, there was outdoor seating which I require on a gorgeous summer day such as that day was. The staff was friendly and attententive as well as very knowlegable of the menu and even the ingredients in the entres that we ordered. The choosing was difficult because of all of the mouth watering options of fresh northern italian fare and as I often do, I asked what was there signature dish. "Skitza"was the answer, a very light, thin crusted pizza that is loaded with savory toppings. We even modified ours and they were happy to accomodate. We choose two, one called the Bianca which had a combination of white cheeses including goat, a drizzle of truffle oil, arugala and sliced pear. Perfecto! We also had a margarita and added arugala and fresh prosuto. This was the best pizza or rather Skitza we had ever had and it was gluten free. We ended up going back 4 more times during our stay for lunch and dinner because I craved the food and loved the casual environment and the outdoor seating. Another favorite sish of mine was the home made pasta with pomodor sauce, basil and frwah mozzerella which they added for me. I was also offered a beverage of the day, a pink Sangria made with Rose wine, crushed berries and club soda. I had two because it was so refreshing. If it is great italian food you crave or you just love good food like me, run don't walk to Gigi's Trattoria in down town Rhinebeck!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I were returning from upstate NY and were looking for a place to eat dinner. I'm always on the lookout for places with gluten free options. We were very pleased with our selection. We started with a plate of PEI mussels in a spicy tomato sauce. I can't descibe how delicious this was. My husband had the regular (not Gluten free) pasta with Bolognaise sauce. He ate every bite. I had a gluten free pizza. One of the best I ever had. We were too full for dessert, but hope to return soon to sample some more. They had a homemade buckwheat pasta that is calling my name! They have seating both indoors and outdoors. The waitstaff were all very friendly.