“Great flavors- I always left impressed!”
Review of Gigi Trattoria

Gigi Trattoria
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean dishes prepared with the ingredients from our local farmers and food artisans. Enjoy traditional Mediterranean fare along with hand made pastas, thin crusted Skizzas (Gigi "pizzas"), and bountiful salads. Our ambiance is sophisticated, yet informal, and we provide options for family style dinning. Moderate prices, attentive service and consistently outstanding seasonal food encourage regular dining at Gigi Trattoria.
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I was always impressed with the flavors in the food at this restaurant. It is one of my all time favorites. I typically left waking up the next day thinking about the great flavors- :) Very good. They also have a great wine list & knowledgeable staff. They service was always great. The only things that I did not care for was the proximity of the tables- I often felt like we were joining the guests next to us for dinner. They are usually busy, so be prepared to wait- it will be worth it!

Reviewed September 25, 2010

My 20-year old son and I went to Gigi's on Thursday, 9/23, for the first time in a year and a half. Maybe it was the lingering aura of the Clintons, in a NY Times photo, emerging from a lunch at Gigi's on the Friday before their daughter's wedding in Rhinebeck, where we also live...

The bread was stale; the salad was ice cold. Our waitstaff person, one Sarah M., loftily told me when I complained that, Well, you know they can't leave the lettuce out (out of the refrigerator, she meant), it would go limp. I could have replied that Mercato in Red Hook and Calico in Rhinebeck manage to serve their salads neither ice cold nor with wilted greens.

The risotto was quite good.

As for for dessert, the key lime pie was so-so----maybe bought at Stop and Shop, just a few miles down Route 9? And also ice cold.

The decaf coffee had been in the pot all day, or tasted like it, and had boiled down to give that inimitable stale coffee taste. Don't these people know that you pour out the remains of a pot of coffee every hour and make a fresh one? (I admit that Thursday was a slow night).

My son and I remembered why we hadn't gone back after out last visit, a year and a half ago.

READERS: Go to Calico, a couple of hundred yards away from Gigi's on Route 9. It's always superb. Or, go to Mercato in Red Hook. I've never been disappointed there. Neither of these places, by the way is as pricey as Gigi's.

I had forgotten that good old Bill Clinton, our lovable rogue, brilliant Arkansas trailer trash president, had notoriously bad taste in food.

At Gigi's I had a $100 lesson in forgetting and then remembering.

2  Thank Skiasonaranthropos
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This restaurant had all the ingredients for a fine meal but to mixed results. My husband got the bargain prix-fixe menu which included a lot of food, including an excellent bowl of mussels and delicious risotto. The main course, hangar steak, was unimpressive. I ordered a "skizza" (skinny pizza) which was unremarkable. Service was very polite but very slow, and the noise level was high. We found it hard to hear each other but we could hear all the conversations around us quite clearly.

1  Thank TravelFan15
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Omega and it was really delicious. All of the menu items are healthy, and they focus on using locally-grown produce. Worth a stop for the food....and definitely order the french fries!

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Loud bar can be fun, for dinner a bit distracting. Food hit or miss. Service just OK

1  Thank claudia29