“great hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2014

my wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Whistlewood. We had a great and relaxing time in this serenity of a beautiful and peaceful place. Maggie is a wonderful host, a great cook and even better baker.. her apple pie is out of this world . We came for two days but we decided to stay an extra day.. wish we could've stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moshe50

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Really enjoyed this very friendly and cozy B&B with a country farm house vibe. The food was delicious (and fresh eggs from the chickens on the farm). The host was incredibly friendly. We had a room with a fireplace which we made great use of.

Room Tip: Spring for a room with a fireplace in the winter
1  Thank newyork10011
SPINNER123, Owner at WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of my farm it was a pleasure having you folks as guests.Hope you decide to come visit us again in the not so distant future and I hope your winter hasn't been as bad as our winter has been. We have had about 2 1/2 feet of snow recently which has made things much more difficult than usual. The fireplaces are still burning nice and warm come enjoy. Looking forward to seeing you again. Stay warm...

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My 2 friends and I stayed at the Whistle Wood Farm for a much needed get away. We spent 3 nights in this warm, nurturing, environment, just what we needed! The Wyoming Room was wonderfully accommodating. Maggie, the owner/ innkeeper was welcoming and gracious. There was a multitude of delicious foods, both for breakfast, and throughout the day.
The area has a lot to offer from shopping to outdoor activities, not to mention the trails and animals to be explored right on the property. It is very easy to get into town. We are looking forward to a future stay as we had such a good experience this weekend.

Room Tip: Each room offers something different and individualized based upon your needs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa A

Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm so happy you gals had a great time here at Whistlewood. I'm happy that you chose the farm for your getaway it was very special to have you here. Come again and thank you again for the wonderful review.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay!

We were welcomed with cakes, muffins, fruit, and other warming treats. The rooms were comfy and the breakfast in the morning delicious! A lovely escape close to Rhinebeck (about five minute drive) where you can walk around and shop/eat. I'd recommend this place over any other in the area.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Radiowithguts

Thank you so very much for writing a great review of the farm and my bed and breakfast. Again I think it is my guests that make the experience so wonderful for me and Jake, and the other animal that call WhistleWood their home. We love to have animal lovers here at the farm. We are expecting a few new calves this spring come see them. I enjoy serving and making food for people who like to eat and enjoy wholesome breakfasts and desserts. Thank you so very much again for your wonderful review hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I spent two wonderful nights at the farm, including Christmas. This was our second time back, and while we enjoyed our first visit, this time was even better than we remembered. Not only is the setting idyllic, but the other guests were soon fast friends and Maggie's breakfasts scrumptious. We had the Wyoming Room during our first stay. It has a fireplace but we were charmed by Sweet Violet, especially the first evening when the bathroom window framed a grazing deer, twice. For animal lovers, which we are, Whistlewood is such a treat: the horses, donkeys, cats and of course 'Jake' make Whistlewood more than a B&B, they make it a warm, enchanting place anytime of the year. For someone like me, who has had horses in the past, another huge plus is the pristeen conditions in which the horses are kept. Nothing has been left to chance, everything is well thought out, all to help ensure the safety and happiness of the horses lucky enough to call Whistlewood home. We look forward to our next visit!

2  Thank Mathmatica

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Whistlewood Farm is an excellent stay. The locale is superb, just outside of town, with an easy drive in. The rooms are large, inviting, comfortable, clean and cozy. Our hostess, Maggie, was tireless and lovely in her care for us, as well as a wonderful baker, with her rich offering of freshly baked goodies to choose from. Breakfast was excellent. An added plus is the beautiful landscape and accessibility to many docile and beautiful farm animals, well accustomed to visitors. This is a great place to lay your head and take in some Hudson Valley fresh air as well as meet other travelers from around the globe. I wished I stayed longer!

1  Thank HudsonHaven

THANK YOU! Thank you, thank you... It has been a pleasure reading these great reviews, I'm so very happy that you have had a good experience here at my farm. Reviews like yours make it all worthwhile for me. Our farm animals are friendly and look forward to interacting with guests. Thank you for visiting with them. Hope if you come and visit again when the woodland trails will be more easy to walk than they are now with the heavy snows. Come back soon and have a wonderful rest of the winter:)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at the WhistleWood (boo hoo) and couldn't have been happier with everything about it. My husband is from London and although there is beautiful countryside there this was a tranquil and relaxing experience like no other. The entrance alone is lovely and warm and inviting with a crackling fireplace ready for her guests. In fact, Maggie the innkeeper had called when we were on route to let us know that our rooms were all ready (with little name tags on the door of your bedroom suite!) and that the fire would be ready for us and also the dessert table is available with homemade cakes and cookies, pies, fruit, tea, coffee and hot chocolate and don't forget the homemade apple cider we can help ourselves too. Amazing! I cant praise Maggie enough for her knowledge and enthusiasm for the local area including restaurants and things to do. Sleeping there was a slice of heaven in our very large and cozy Juniper room with its king size bed and twin bed for my 16 year old. We even watched a film in our room from the selection in the communal living room area. Breakfast was superb with homemade everything; eggs, waffles, all kinds of breads, homemade jam (the cherry is to live for!) homemade pear muffins, sausage and the list goes on and on. She really does encourage you to have as much as you like as some B & B's you feel like there is a limit. I give our stay 5 stars!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lindam747

Wow, wow, wow... How can I say anything to your review except THANK YOU! I can only apologize for not writing a proper response earlier. I don't know what to say (blushing) I thank you so very much for coming and staying with us and I do hope that you come again and again, thank you, thank you, thank you. Love having guest reviews like yours, and so many others who get the full feeling of the farm that I try to make as comfortable as I can for my guests:) :):)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
Residence Inn Kingston
#3 of 10 in Kingston
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!