“Excellent honeymoon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights in the sweet violet room. It was incredible. Despite thunderstorms during our stay, the farm was breathtaking. Maggie was very helpful with where to get dinner on our first night(try le petit bistro). Her breakfast and baked goods alone were enough for us to return. We definitely recommend staying here and plan to return again.

• Stayed: June 2013
SPINNER123, Owner at WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hi The Newlyweds,
It was a pleasure to have you as guests! You both are so very sweet and friendly, a match made in heaven, it was a true pleasure to serve you. The Thank You goes to you.!

PS.You forgot your Fish tacos in the refrigerator. Sorry but Jake the Bernese Mtn. Dog Thanks you ! as I said nothing goes to waste here at WhistleWood Farm. The donkeys like Bananas, the horse the apples, the chickens anything the cows- well they just like to hang out and Jake, he loves the fish and meat leftovers, so again Thank you! Please come back...

There are newer reviews for WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you're looking for a peaceful country atmosphere, this is it. Lots if space to wander around outside, beautiful perennial gardens surrounding decks tucked into little corners (hummingbirds and butterflies), horses and Maggie's donkeys grazing...and that's just outdoors. Inside is well-kept up, homey with lots of artifacts. Breakfast included eggs from Maggie's chickens, fresh hot muffins. We are early risers, and the coffee was all set up for us to brew a pot. It is close to wineries, FDR Presidential library, and 5minutes from restaurants and shops in Rhinebeck.

Room Tip: Our room was down a hallway away from the common areas, so would be quieter if you sleep late.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I Thank you very much for this beautiful review, I hardly know what to say. I am so happy that you liked the farm and hope you will return soon. It is always a pleasure to serve great guests and I usually have been blessed to be most fortunate to have the Best!

"Peaceable Kingdom" is a title I will cherish for a long time. Thank you most honorable guests:)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a Monday night, so it was pretty quiet. Maggie's cooking was wonderful (fresh herbs from the garden outside) and the whole atmosphere was very relaxed. We enjoyed the freedom to roam around and feed/pet the horses, donkeys and chickens. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Whistlewood Farm for one night. It was a lovely experience. The ambiance of the inn, the furnishings, the local charm were all so pleasant. Our proprietor, Maggie, was gracious, helpful, and attentive. We so enjoyed the homemade breakfast of muffins, banana bread, strawberry jam, apple pie, fresh eggs from the farm, and the delectable French toast. We met the resident horses, donkeys, and chickens. For us, coming from the large city of New York, it was a wonderful, quiet, serene escape. The B & B is conveniently located only 10 minutes from the town of Rhinebeck by car, near excellent restaurants and antique shops.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

"Maggie's Farm" brings back some old memories, but for this happy couple it generated a whole truckload of new ones. My husband and I booked the farm and almost all of its rooms for our wedding. We really lucked out is many many ways. Maggie was a friendly, no-nonsense hostess and collaborator for what turned out to be the perfect wedding (by more than just our account). The rooms were clean and spacious. The grounds immaculate. The breakfast delicious and plentiful (even for some folks who were just helping with setup the day of the celebration).

We are weekender-locals, too, so we know the area. Maggie enjoys a solid reputation with everyone in the Rhinebeck area. We set up a big tent, brought in all the tables and flowers, partnered withy the very-excellent Bridge Creek catering (at Maggie's suggestion) and decked out the tables to make an elegant country wedding Hollywood would envy. Great service from a fine establishment made our day something the neighbors are STILL talking about.

Thank you Maggie!

—Scott and Beto

Room Tip: The carriage house provides a common kitchen with perfect, silent privacy in each wing. Great for go...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
whistle2, Owner at WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Twas a lovely day for a most beautiful wedding! Thank you for choosing WhistleWood Farm for you most special weekend. We were all so nervous about the rain prior to the wedding. The tent you picked and the music was so much fun. You and your guests were lovely folks and we hope that you will stop bye and visit often when you are in Rhinebeck. Happy guests are my reward.
Thank you!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

On June 15th , 2013 I attended a wedding that was held at WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast.
What a great venue to hold any affair!
The wedding ceremony was set outside with beautiful organic "altar" where Scott and Beto tied their knot. Guests were comfortably seted to witness the ceremony.
The party was organized for nearly 150 people. It was held in a tent that was arranged for dining and dancing. The weather was beautiful, the air was fresh, the sounds were natural with rooster's and cikadas accompaniament. Nothing compares to an outdoor party on farm grounds!
I loved the open grounds on the top of a hill, wildflower gardens and well kept happy farm animals.
If you're looking for a country style wedding or if you have any other occasion to celebrate it's definitely a place to book.

Thank you Maggie for hosting such a great event.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kashka_G
SPINNER123, Manager at WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you so very much for sending in a review. It was my pleasure to host Scott and Gilberto's wedding they are wonderful people with wonderful friends.
The day was beautiful, for a wedding. We had been working on the gardens, the horses were all groomed, the cows and chickens tried to look their best.
It is always a pleasure to host weddings and events.
Please come visit us again when you are in the area.
Maggie

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Recently stayed at the WhistleWood Farm B & B. So enjoyed the quiet, the animals, the
fabulous breakfasts (fresh eggs straight from the hens), But most of all I enjoyed the caring
innkeeper, Maggie Myers. Before I moved in, I fell on one of Rhinebeck's upturned sidewalks and had to enjoy the hospitality of the emergency room of the local hospital. One of the good Samaritans who helped dust me off texted Maggie (I hadn't met her yet!) and she turned up at
the hospital to be with me, take me to my car, and retrieve dinner for me. You can imagine how
grateful I was, as I was extremely bruised and battered. (Had fallen on my face!) She advised me on how to get new glasses made and printed off computer directions whenever I needed them. I consider Maggie to be an angel in the guise of an innkeeper. Thanks, Maggie!

Room Tip: Each room has its own personality. Teddy Roosevelt would have loved this unique, beautiful home. It...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your great review, I never no what to say ... We are here for our guests to help them have an enjoyable stay in the Hudson Valley and see as much of it as they can. Our towns people are the nicest too. When I heard you had fallen and were taken to the local Hospital I had to come and see if I could help you.
I'm so glad I met you please stay well. Thank you so very much

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
Residence Inn Kingston
#3 of 10 in Kingston
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!