WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
See available hotels
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)
Hotel Tivoli(Tivoli)
View Hotel
All reviewspiescarriage housethe main housedessert tablejuniper roomfeed the chickensb bviolet roomfarm fresh eggsmy husband and icookieshudson valleyprivate patiosunset roomcooked breakfastsliding glass doorwalking trails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We arrived late Friday night, it was dark but glad we found our accomodation for the weekend. Maggie the Innkeeper greeted us with warmth and alot of local knowledge. We had rented the Northwind in the adjacent Carriage house. Maggie walked us down and gave us a detailed tour of the room, kitchen and bathroom.
It was well furnished, king size bed and jazuzzi tub. Everything you need to relax. It wasn't until the morning when you truly appreciate the beauty of the Hudson Valley. THe sprawling 40 acre farm with horses, chickens and a donkey gave a sense that we were truly away. THe country breakfast made by Maggie herself was one of the highlights and got the stay off on the right foot. We would recommend this to anyone who with a short drive north can relax and get away from city life.
One other perk was it's a short 15 min drive to Millbrook Winery - a must stop for anyone who enjoys a drop of the grape!!

Room Tip: Carriage house is super quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

That could be because Maggie gets her eggs right from the chickens she has on her farm. The place is beautiful, and Maggie certainly tries to be the best hostess possible and will make sure that you are never hungry. The horses are gorgeous. The farm is about a 5 minute drive from the main business area in Rhinebeck so it's very convenient. I am not sure it warrants the high price tag - the room was lovely for the most part, but the bathroom was very outdated and poorly lit. I happen to love a really nice bathroom in a B&B or hotel so this was a particular sore spot for me, but on the other hand it must be quite expensive to run and maintain a farm that large. It really is a labor of love for Maggie.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wyoming room, which is right off the kitchen. If you are a late sleeper, or want to sleep in, this is the worst possible room as people gathering for breakfast can be extremely loud you feel like they could be in the room with you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
whistle2, Owner at WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for your constructive criticism of the Wyoming room, and of the my farm, I do appreciate your time and attention to detail.
Please be assured that the bathroom has just been newly tiled and grouted, the ceiling freshly painted a light blue and even the energy saving bulbs have been replaced by 100 watt'ers for better lighting and a new ceiling fan installed as well.
Last spring the rooms on the other side of the lodge were redone, updated and decorated. . More sound proofing was installed.as well. Now it is time again for the Wyoming room to be refurbished. I apologise for not getting to it in late January before you folks arrived.
I have also purchased a new drappery rod, that hangs from the ceiling, hung it in the hallway in the room, which should baffel the sounds possible from the livelly conversations of the guests who on occasion are a little loud in the mornings. I do ask folks to be mindful of others sleeping but sometimes they are having to much fun. I'm sorry this was the case that Sunday.
The chickens are most happy that you like their eggs as I am. This June the new north pastures will be the home to a few Llamas and Alpacas and some sheep that belong to our neighbors, Fiddlehead Farm. I do hope that you will try us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent New Year's Eve 2012 at WhistleWood, and we had a fantastic time! The grounds were lovely, our room was quaint and well-appointed, the inn was cozy and charming, the breakfast was delicious, and innkeeper Maggie was an all-around accommodating, kind, and generous hostess. The town of Rhinebeck was a quick jaunt down the road. We're already planning our return trip!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Happy New Year to You too! Thank you so very much for your support and kind remarks it's just great to have Happy Guests who write positive reviews. I could not have had as great a weekend without great guest to make it all come together. Looking forward to seeing you again.

PS the back pasture is almost done and the Llamas, Alpacas and sheep are coming in for their summer pasture. The North Woods trail is marked and a new bench has been made. Check it out on our facebook page.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I visited Whistlewood in August 2011, and when it came time to decide what we would do for his birthday (which coincides with Christmas Eve) it was a easy decision to return to Whistlewood. The property (almost 40 acres) is a lovely working farm that boards 12 horses. As Manhattanites, escaping to Maggie Meyer's B&B and farm is a real treat that allows us to feel like we are truly "in the country." Walking around breathing in the air just feels healthy! Maggie welcomed us with open arms, x-mas cookies (and a selection of pies) and a well-curated choice of DVD's for our birthday/holiday celebration. We returned to our favorite suite in the Carriage House, which always feel spacious and rustic compared to the "Concrete Jungle." It was fun to see what changes Maggie had made to some of the rooms and my favorite decorative touches are the canoes. Maggie is a thoughtful and gracious hostess, and gave us just the right amount of guidance/personal space. Best of all, she sent us home with a dozen fresh eggs from the farm. What a generous gesture! THANK YOU MAGGIE! See you again soon!

Room Tip: The carriage house is private and great for "romantic getaways!"
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dakotaroberts

Wow, that was a great write up. I am almost speechless and don't know what to say except Thank You sooooooo very much. My return guests are my biggest compliment. I promise to try my best to live up to your review in the future as well. I hope I can.
We are now painting and fixing the little things that are always in need of a touch up. The Wyoming room is getting a face lift as well, new tile in the bath too.
Also the back pasture is done now and the grass will be seeded as soon as possible to make a new summer pasture for the Llamas, Alpacas and Sheep with their lambs. They are from Fiddlehead Farm our neighbors to the north. Our woodland trail is done and being groomed for walking around the entire pasture and down to the pond.
Looking forward to seeing you again. Maggie

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Even in mid-December, the farm was beautiful. Maggie was a warm, gracious, efficient hostess, with being intrusive. My friend and I stayed in the Wyoming room and loved it. Very quiet, beautiful appointed, very comfy beds and sofas and chairs and wonderful fireplace. We arrived just before Christmas, so the lodge was decorated for the holiday and Maggie baked wonderful Christmas butter cookies. She was also helpful with things to see in the area and suggested some great restaurants. I'm a city girl, want to make Whistle Wood my quiet, rural retreat in the future...

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, very clean, and beautifully appointed. Some have large showers, no bathtub. Some have fireplaces. We chose a room with a jacuzzi, but were so busy we never took one. We did love the fireplace and used it a bit! You can't go wrong with any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends