I booked 4 rooms (for 8 guests) for the weekend of the NY Sheep and Wool Festival. Despite the general shabbiness, we found the hotel to be more than adequate. We had 3 rooms in the Germond house (each with a fireplace and a separate sitting room) and one room in the Courtyard (also with a fireplace). The weather was too warm to appreciate the fireplaces properly, but they were a lovely idea.
PROS: Location! I parked my car on Friday and didn't need it again until Sunday. Bathroom in the Courtyard room was newly renovated and lovely. Despite being right downtown, it was very quiet. Having a separate sitting room was a wonderful luxury. Price was not exorbitant. Complimentary sherry in each room.
CONS: Breakfast - totally inadequate, with terrible coffee and mean little squares of previously frozen Entemann's cake. I'd have preferred a $5 voucher for a local diner! The bathrooms in the Germond house were not great. The tubs had some mold issues (the room in the Courtyard did not have this problem). The furniture, carpets, wallpapers, etc were all quite shabby. Looks the rooms have not been renovated in at least 15 years. Front desk staff at the Delamater was just awful! One person acted drunk and another person was as slow to use the credit card machine as a Civil War-era farmer logging onto a computer for the first time. Check in and check out took an hour each!
Overall, though, I would rebook for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weary visitors have been staying at the Beekman Arms since 1766. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beekman Arms And Delamater Hotel Rhinebeck
- Beekman Arms Rhinebeck
- Beekman Arms Hotel Rhinebeck