“Delightful!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Phoenix, AZ
“Delightful!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went in expecting history, and for the area good service was a foregone conclusion. What we didn't expect was for the food to be so good! Really! It was the best meal we had on our entire trip to NY this year. Service was fantastic, and the charm of this little gem can't be beat. We are excited to come back again. The berry shortcake was the best we all had ever had. It was melt-in-your-mouth amazing. The butternut squash soup was a triumph!

• Visited July 2013

Syracuse, New York
“Colonial Flair and Flavor”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Tavern at the Beekman Arms provided wonderful atmosphere for a special lunch this summer.

You can feel the prevailing Americana spirit as you are welcome into the inn and invited to visit the adjoining rooms, just off the the lobby. You must visit the library filled with the treasure of wisdom that lies between the covers of the old books, with just enough sunlight coming through the windows to cast a glow in the room. It is just lovely.

The inn is the oldest in America, and one can only think of the many powerful men and women who have stayed here or have enjoyed the colonial tavern offerings, not just recently, but through the ages. Many of those famous guests appear in artwork and photos displayed throughout.

This is only part of the period decor which is extended into The Tavern. The ambiance was accented by old-style lanterns illuminating with a yellowish orange glow. The Menu is plainly designed which reflects the pure simplicity of the era.
We began with butternut squash soup and gazpacho soup, served with tasty cracker-bread.
Our lunch entrees were very plentiful and delicious. The presentation of each dish was appealing. My dining partner enjoyed the coffee braised short ribs at $14.00. It was served with mashed potatoes and locally grown summer squash.
When eating in these early Americana restaurants so, I have become increasingly drawn to ordering the meat pies which to me is representational dining for those bygone eras. I ordered the chicken pot pie with roasted root vegetables, mushroom and cheddar bay biscuit at $12.00. I found this chicken pot pie to be the very best I have ever had.

The service was very good from the time we stepped into this quaint and charming inn and throughout our meal. Our waitress Amy was congenial as well as professional . We look forward to coming back in the future.

1 Thank J0sephine65
Greenlawn, New York
“Very enjoyable dinner”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I had wonderful dinners. My wife had a wonderful pasta special and I had the short ribs. We of course shared and both were excellent. Our server was an especially nice young lady. She did not rush us and we were very appreciative. It was somewhat busy but not overly so the night we were there, but I'm guessing the weekends are very busy. I would recommend making a reservation. There is a bar there where we had an after dinner drink and everyone was very friendly.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“uneven”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Many years ago we used to have great meals here - not so this time. Our soups were excellent - the butternut squash one superb. My wife's fish was so-so, my artichoke ravioli quite odd - it had no flavor at all and on examination seemed to have something like ricotta inside, the dish swimming in poblano cream sauce, which itself was good. The service was a bit intermittent. No reason to cme back.

“Average”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The food was nothing above average. We sat in the solarium overlooking the gardens and quaint streets. The service was good but only ho hum food.