“Forty Years Makes a Difference, Sadly Not Improved”

Foster's Coach House
Ranked #24 of 57 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Historic Foster's Coach House Tavern, originally constructed in 1890 as The Village Tavern, is owned and managed by the same Rhinebeck family since 1965. Well-known throughout the Hudson Valley for top-notch London Broil, homemade soups, Stuffed Clams, and juicy chargrilled Hamburgers, this classic and charming original offers great value and service. Al fresco dining in the warmer months and cozy tavern atmosphere year-round. Tap Room with full bar and 2 large screen TV's. Free, off-street parking. A must visit for locals and visitors alike when in the Village!
Hyde Park, New York, United States
“Forty Years Makes a Difference, Sadly Not Improved”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

With another couple, my wife and I visited Foster's for a mid-week dinner. My last visit was some forty years ago and I must say that it was my own fault that my dinner was "wholesale foods basic"
Ordering fried scallops I completely forgot that Foster's is known for its london broil and lasagne combo, burgers, and the like.
Prices were "Rhinebeck average," which to me means I could get a better meal ten miles away for a few bucks less.
Disappointed, next time we enjoy Rhinebeck I'm afraid Foster's won't be on my short list.
I must say that the service was very good, though not enough of a draw to return there unless I have a craving for the london broil/lasagna combination.
As to reservations or late night, I am not sure of their policy.

• Visited January 2013

Fishkill, New York
“Good solid menu - a step above "Bar Food"”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Service and food are great - old time bar atmosphere. A good place to unwind and relax. This is enjoyed by both locals and visitors alike.

Visited January 2013
“Please dont make the same mistake I did”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The price is very steep for mediocre dishes. Food was bland It was one of the only options on the day of the parade. Waiter messed up calulations on our bill and tried to charge us $10 extra. Im sure it was an honest mistake but it didnt help the situation. Left here disappointed and would not return.

NY
“Good Quick American Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Known for their London Broil their french fries and green beans are delicious and the best sides to order. Desserts are reasonably priced but nothing special but this is still the only restaurant to still have pecan pie on the menu. The inside decor is really fun and you certainly feel like you are in someone's coach house if you sit in the front room.

Visited October 2012
Kingston, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Memories are made and traditions are carried on. The food is consistantly good. Very accommodating to a large, happy family. Keep it up.

Visited December 2011