“Rude Service, Average Food”
Review of Calico Restaurant

Calico Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Boutique restaurant with in house bakery. Dinner reservations accepted 5:15-8pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Open other hours for the pastry shop.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were rushed from the moment we arrived, being told that the table was reserved for someone after us and we had to be out by a certain time. The men's were ripped from our hands and a question about the wine was met with rolling eyes and an attitude. Our waiter never checked on us. The Quality of the food was ok, but very bland. The space was small and a little cramped. Felt similar to dining in NYC.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We actually found this restaurant through trio advisor. It lived up to the reviews. Very small, only about 7 tables. Good selection for lunch with all the entrees priced at 9.95 if I remember correctly

The roasted garlic soup is a regular feature and it was hard to decide since the soup of the day was a tomato bisque.

They also have a nice selection of deserts but I was strong.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went here for my daughter's birthday. The service is wonderful; the food is very good. the desserts are awesome. Keep in mind that it's a small place so you probably need to make reservations. My husband, who is more of a "china buffet" lover, felt the portions were too small. The rest of us were very satisfied.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I were staying at The Beekman Arms Inn in Rhinebeck, N.Y. and found this wonderful spot right across the street for lunch. Only about 7 tables but an impressive menu and wonderful service from our new best friend "Lizzie" who has only been at it for a couple of weeks but you'd never know it. I had the award winning garlic soup followed an excellent pulled pork sandwich while my wife sampled my soup she also enjoyed a wonderful pesto chicken dish that was "remarkable" (so I was told). We ended our meal with a delicious espresso and a key lime tart that tasted like "more." That should not have surprised us as The Calico is also a Patisserie that has a wonderful selection of very special goodies to choose from. I actually overheard Leslie the owner and Pastry Chef take a special order for a walk-in customer. Obviously they are very customer focused. Great job Leslie, Anthony and Lizzie. We'll be back!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Best scones ever! Get there early and get some scones and croissants. Every time I am in Rhinebeck I make it a point to get to Calico. When I need a special dessert or a little treat this is my go to place. Not only are the baked goods fab the food is delish, the owners are friendly, kind and accommodating, great people and their staff is wonderful. I can't say enough nice things about this place.

1  Thank M21966