“best pizza in the hudson valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Posto

Pizzeria Posto
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poughkeepsie, New York
“best pizza in the hudson valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I'm from Long Island, where it's really hard to find bad pizza. I live in Poughkeepsie, just a short drive from Rhinebeck, and Pizzeria Posto is what motivates me to stay in this area. Every time I get there, it's an amazing, low-key, enjoyable experience. The owner is always friendly and willing to converse with patrons as he stands behind the counter crafting the pizzas (I recommend sitting at the table right next to the counter to see what he's doing and ask about the history of the restaurant). The service is always great; they can tell when you need something, but they're not overbearing. As for the pizza (which is what one comes for), it is indescribably wonderful. The crust is among the best I've had. It's fluffy, yet firm, and when topped with the various combinations offered, it comes to life in a way that many other 'artisan' pizza places can't achieve. Pair with a barbera wine and you've got yourself an unforgettable meal.

Portland, Maine
“A Slice Above The Rest...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

The two things I look for in a restaurant are good customer service and quality food. It's one thing to possess these qualities but to be consistently with them is another. I have been here six times already and felt welcome every time. The chef comes out to the tables and checks on his patrons quite often. He truly gets the concept of delivering a simple, top quality product, and truly cares what his customers have to say.

The Mista salad is always very fresh and I haven't had a single piece of wilted lettuce yet! I say this because mixed greens always tend to turn quickly, especially the red leaf lettuce. Normally I have to pick out a few pieces when I go to other restaurants.

The Margherita Pizza is the only one I've tried and that is because it's so good I don't want to try any others! Rule number one when it comes to pizza folks, delicious sauce is a must. I can't tell you how many places don't get the sauce right, it ruins the pizza.

They use special San Marzano tomatoes from a specific region in Italy. The crust is always light, crispy, and loaded with flavor. The menu is small and that my friends, ensures quality. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that has been dissatisfied in their home town, it's worth traveling for!

1 Thank Christopher P
New York City, New York
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our first time at Pizzeria Posto, we were freezing cold (after being on a motorcycle for nearly 2 hours) when we entered Pizzeria Posto, trying to decide from the number of restaurants in the courtyard. As we entered, we were hit with a wave of warmth from the brick oven and the friendliness of the owner/pizza maker. He was super nice and welcoming and told us our drink and pizza options. When we decided to go for it, he quickly sat us at the warmest table in the restaurant (right in front of the oven).

The atmosphere was lively but quiet, music just at the right volume, and the service was attentive. I was just happy to drink a decent Chianti while roasting in front of the oven but when the pizzas came out, it was even more delightful. The crust was chewy but perfectly cooked and everything was done just right. Couldn't help but take a picture because it was also so pretty look at -- friends at home were drooling over the picture and wanting to know where we were.

It was a wonderful experience and the second time we were in Rhinebeck, we headed straight for Posto and enjoyed the food just as much as the first time.

1 Thank Angelica K
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best Neapolitan pizzas in NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you love "good" Neapolitan pizza, the search can be endless. Posto in Rhinebeck is perhaps one of the best in NY on par with Co. or Kesté. Crusts are grilled to perfection: thin and crispy in the middle and thicker on the edges. San Marzano sauce is simple and delicious, as is the fresh mozzarella. The Margarita is perfect! Salads are good and wine list is acceptable. But what you come for is the pizza and one is not disappointed.
PaulG

• Visited October 2013
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Salad wasn't fresh, pizza was bland and overpriced.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

These are "personal sized" pizzas and they are terribly overpriced. Mine was terribly bland and my wife's pizza had flavor but it wasn't good flavor. Our salad had far too much dressing on it and the lettuce had passed its peak. We won't make the mistake of stopping at this restaurant ever again.

• Visited October 2013