“Nice menu, cool vibe and excellent staff...”
Review of Market Street

Market Street
Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Pine Plains, New York
“Nice menu, cool vibe and excellent staff...”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We went with two other couples for dinner on a Saturday evening, got there before the place filled up. Nice vibe, really liked the mix and match plates. Staff is amazing, on top of everything and most accommodating. I had the caesar sale which had a very nice anchovy stele dressing, huge shreds of provolone cheese. My entree was the Penne Puttanesca which I thought was one of the best I've ever had. Dessert was the Tiramisu which was just OK. I feel it needed some coffee or just a little bit more snap to it. Drinks are pricey but the house cabernet was quite good, which I don't mind when I come to a nice place like this. The rest of our party enjoyed their meals as well. Overall one of the better dining experiences I've had in a while and I highly recommend.

Dutchess County, NY
“Great Food/Great Service”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

First visit here & was not disappointed. Nice simple, modern atmosphere - very airy & inviting. Our party started with salads - Kale (customer favorite) & Caesar. The later is my first choice when dining out & was the best I've had in the area! Entrees included: homemade spinach & feta ravioli, orecchiette w/broccoli rabe, garlic, evoo & almonds and bucatini all amatriciana (one of several specials.) We all shared dishes & all were equally primo. Liquor & wine prices are high; with wine served in Libby juice glasses (turnoff.) For dessert, we had: butterscotch budino (a pudding) & tiramisu-delicious. All made in-house, except gelato. We plan on returning for their wood-fired, brick-oven pizza. Only open for brunch on weekends.

1 Thank beachruler
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great service and great food. Excellent value. I'd go back there again and again. Staff were super accomodative of families and food has been consistently great. High recommended.

New York City, New York
“Excellent Italian food, always delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Market Street is the place to go to eat absolutely delicious food that is simply prepared with the freshest ingredients.

I particularly love the kale salad, the soups of the day, the individual pizzas and the fish entrees. Recently I had a fava bean and shrimp peasant soup that was sublime and a kale salad. I often eat the fish specials, or the salmon that is always on the menu.

The pumpkin ravioli is another favorite. In fact all pastas are wonderful and can be prepared gluten free.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and can recommend a wine to go with your meal.
The wines by the glass are quite good.

I adore the semifreddo dessert, yummy!

This restaurant is chic and simple with lovely cool colors, the bar is great fun.

Bravo to the Owner/Chef

• Visited November 2013
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Excellent food and a great value”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If one hasn't been there, Rhinebeck is the kind of town that has a store selling nothing but sea salt, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. That kind of town.

Market Street is a warm, inviting, and moderately priced Italian restaurant sitting just on the other side of Route 9. We first sat at the bar for appetizers and enjoyed fried calamari, salami and cheese, and seafood salad along with a carafe of excellent Spanish garnacha wine. We then had entrees at a table..it was Sunday night and we were there early but it filled up by 6:30. The pork scallopine was perfect, pounded to a soft texture and served with a slightly salty sauce that really enhanced it. Other diners were similarly enthused. The lemon pie and cappuccino to finish really hit the spot.

The restaurant was pleasing all the way around and not expensive. It was hard not to like it. Other reviewers complained of the service. Ours could not have been more gracious.

• Visited October 2013