“great theater”

The Center for Performing Arts at Rhinebeck
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Rhinebeck
More attraction details
Owner description: The CENTER for Performing Arts at Rhinebeck is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which is dedicated, through its arts and education programs, to providing arts experiences for people of all ages.
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“great theater”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my first time to the center. The play I just saw was the musical "the best little 'warehouse' in texas" and it was super.
Thec enter is in what looks like it might have been a huge barn, and has one ascending slant of rows of seats leading directly up from the stage. All the seats are good, because you are so close to the performance.
The players were very good, and reading from the bios some (judging from the special clapping when some first appeared) have performed there several times. And the players all seemed to be having a good time performing, very professional. The music came from behind the stage, that seeming to be only a drummer and very good organist/pianist.
There is plenty of parking, and it is no charge. Our tickets were $25 each; a steal for enjoyment we had.
We will be back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tom R
Kevin A, Public Relations Manager at The Center for Performing Arts at Rhinebeck, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Tom,

We are so pleased that you visited the CENTER for the first time to come see "The Best Little (Warehouse) in Texas!" We are so happy when people realize how wonderfully the space is set up as there truly is not a bad seat in the house.
Don't miss this summer's season - A Little Night Music, Jekyll & Hyde and South Pacific!!!

Thanks again and see you at the CENTER!

LaGrangeville
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Always Enjoyable”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Over the years we've been to many performances at the Center. This weekend we attended Caesar and Cleopatra. The actor who played Caesar is outstanding. Also saw him in A Man for all seasons. If you like like performance you'll love The Center for Performing Arts. It is a small theater and not a bad seat in the house. Only improvement we'd like to see is more seating in the lobby.

Visited April 2013
Roy,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so pleased you had an excellent time at the CENTER, and you will be happy to know that we are working hard on expanding our lobby and restrooms to better serve our audiences.

Thank you again for your support and see you at The CENTER!
Millbrook, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An insider's perspective”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a remarkable place. How many communities have created a building dedicated to the performing arts from the ground up? Not many. Rhinebeck is blessed to have Upstate Films where independent and foreign cinema has had a home for decades, and it boasts the Bard Fisher Center which brings world class professional performers to the area. But The Center For The Performing Arts is unique, dedicated to being of, by and for the people of the community and as such it has managed to change the texture of life here. It is staffed by totally dedicated men and women and has managed since it's inception - when the quality of shows was uneven at best - to constantly raise the level of its presentations to the point where I would no longer hesitate to recommend attendance at its productions even to those who consider themselves "above community theater." I'll admit to being one of those NYC oriented nose in the air theater snobs. At least I was until I began to participate. Now I am full of admiration for what goes on in this building almost every day of the year

Visited February 2013
1 Thank earthighs
Hopewell, New York
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Nice but not comfortable”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been to several (6) different shows here and I have always enjoyed the performances.
You sit very close to the stage and all the seats provide good views.
I have stopped attending shows here in the winter because they cannot keep the center at a comfortable temperature. I am always freezing, not cold mind you, but freezing. I never can even thing about taking off my jacket. So for this reason I only go here in the spring and summer months.

Visited June 2012
Dear Optiman32,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so thrilled that you have enjoyed the performances and you are right - not a bad seat in the house!

Thank you for your feedback about the temperature in the winter months - we are always trying to find the balance for our guests and our dedicated volunteers who are sweating on the stage, but with the new equipment we just have put in this season, we are sure to be at a better balance - I hope that this coming Winter you come in and check it out!

Thanks again for your review and we will see you at The CENTER!
Rhinebeck, New York
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Always a Good Performance”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love going to the Rhinebeck Art Center to see shows. The building is small ,you always have a wonderful seat. The performers are local talent with interesting personality.

Visited November 2012
Kevin A, Public Relations Manager at The Center for Performing Arts at Rhinebeck, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you at The CENTER!