Plan months in advance if you head to Rhinebeck in July. This place was suggested to us by another Inn proprieter and its rooms looked great on its website. We are a laidback, but seasoned world-traveling couple and this place was so bad we left. The upstairs rooms look ok, but my god, the downstairs room was so awful... there was MOLD growing on the walls and there TWO de-humidifiers. There was thick layers of dust on very old furniture (from the 70s likely), bugs, etc. Within 1 hour of being in that room, our eyes were watering, throats itching, faces swelling... seriously. We couldn't sleep at all.
There were unhealthly levels of dust and mold in that place and we have a dozen photos to prove it, which we had to do with the owner. When we explained that the conditions were unhealthy and unacceptable for any guest, she said people love the room, it was a favorite, we must have allergies. We've been to remote parts of china, inside textile mills in indonesia, camped on the pacific crest trail and live in dirty new york city, and have never had the type of reaction we did to this place. This woman just kept denying there was a problem and refused to refund unless she could find someone else to pay for the room. It wasn'until we told her we had photos and went into great detail about the unhealthy conidtions that she decided to charge us for 1 night and credit us the second night. She should NEVER allow ANY guest to stay in those conditions!