“Very pleasant stay”
Review of Olde Rhinebeck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Olde Rhinebeck Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Potomac, Maryland
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The inn does not look like much from the outside, but is delightful on the inside. Our suite was very, very comfortable with well thought out amenities. The innkeeper, Jonna, was not there, but the assistant innkeeper did a very good job.
I do think it might be nice if the inn were to offer some sort of wine or sherry in the evening. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Connecticut
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We enjoyed an overnight stay at the Inn after a very long day of sightseeing all around Hyde Park. The lovely quiet setting with pond and Adirondack chairs, and the comfortable room amenities were perfect. Country breakfast the next morning was delicious. Jonna really knows her business and is so hospitable! Highly recommend the Ryefield Suite on the first floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am not a bed and breakfast person, but wanted a place to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. I found the Old Rhinebeck Inn on Tripadvisor and was impressed by the reviews. Everything from the initial conversation with Jonna to the departure was great. The two rooms, actually suites, were immaculate, comfortable and well equipped with amenities including comfy robes. The welcome by Leighanne and the plate of treats further set the tone. Everything from wifi to directions to restaurant choices was provided. The setting is beautiful: very quiet and only an few minutes drive into Rhinebeck. Definitely recommended without any hesitation.

Room Tip: First floor suites were perfect.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mamaroneck, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our trip to the Hudson Valley was immeasurably enhanced by our 2 night's stay at the Olde Rhinebeck Inn. Our suite was beautiful, comfortable, and gracious, with delightful and thoughtful touches, like the welcome plate of apples, chocolate, and yummy little pastries. The canopied bed was more comfortable than ours at home, and Jonna's breakfasts (stuffed French toast, homemade Swiss muesli) were a wonderful way to start the day. We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Both first floor suites are lovely. We didn't get to see the upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea P
New York, NY
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Everything we needed was in this house! You and a housemate or two have a whole house! A living room, hall, stairway and kitchen are in common. You are on your own but innkeepers Jonna and Leighann are a breath away by phone or email. Long distance phone calls are free(!) and there is WiFi too with no code! Somebody and her husband enjoyed a lot of Face Time at night:) And all this was $175 per night! I'm very pleased and excited. Less than 2 miles from the Omega Institute. Absolutely the best way to do Omega.

You can turn the heat on or off. We did not watch TV. I got on swimmingly with my housemate. We had loads in common. Sometimes we ate in the kitchen, having brought our own food, coffee and tea. I'm the kind of person who keeps to my room during Omega workshops when I'm not hiking, meditating, checking out the lake, the music house or just sitting in the Ram Dass library.
My housemate is similar although she sometimes had her door open and was quite friendly.

The combination of WiFi in a 1700's farm house, like my grandmother's, updated, was such
a surprisingly welcome combination. In fact, I wish the Hotels Ritz still did colorful decor like this.
Everything about the decor was well-thought out and carefully planned. The two bathroom mats
upstairs were expertly woven with nice reds, pinks and perhaps some blue and purple. They were very handmade and yet with a certain ineffable modern touch to them. A joy to step on. I can see that this house is outfitted for winter, too.

The way I've been living for the last 30 years I had no room for antiques and then I married a man who's design sense is somewhere in between FLW and Frank Gehry(which I love), but this was a special hark back to how well both sets of Grandparents used to treat me and my siblings.

It's a pleasure to pull up in your car up to this little house on the hill, too. Home away from home.

Room Tip: I liked the 2d floor room of Fiddler's Farm House. Lots of reds, like little strawberries on th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were very lucky to spend 2 restful, peaceful nights at the Old Rhinebeck Inn at the end of August. Jonna (innkeeper) and Leighanne were both wonderful hosts and made us feel completely at home. We stayed in the Ryefield suite which was enormous, spotless and beautiful. We had such a relaxing time and would recommend this to anyone looking for a home away from home and a bit of a treat. Lots of interesting things to see in the area, but also a great location for relaxing and doing nothing :) Thank you Old Rhinebeck Inn! x

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Let me tell you about this place. I arrived with my parents on a Sunday night after spending two days at my aunt and uncle's mansion up the street. Sidenote: I never thought I'd be someone who would write that sentence.
Anyway my mom and I leave for FDR's home the next morning after the most fantastic breakfast I've had in my 18 years of life, leaving my father to do some business over the phone. We return to find out he's sick, and in 24 hours we check him into the local hospital. About that time I get a text message from my then girlfriend saying she'd found someone else.
Cue teenage angst.
We had to spend two additional days in Rhinebeck while this was happening, the innkeeper, the lovely Jonna, was by my family the whole trip. She called my mom while she was out with my father, checked on me while I was too depressed to get out of bed. Right before we left she even talked with me about my breakup, and yesterday I got a book in the mail titled "How to Deal with the Loss of a Love" from her.
She goes above and beyond, her setting is beautiful, her inn wonderful, and her heart is so large that I worry she might have a condition. And you know what? If she does I would gladly donate her mine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Noah P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa

Been to Olde Rhinebeck Inn? Share your experiences!