“OMEGA is a peaceful paradise”
Review of Omega Institute

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Omega Institute
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rhinebeck
Poughkeepsie, New York
“OMEGA is a peaceful paradise”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I would give 5 stars but they have one major downfall the rooms/housing. I have Even opted for the private, top of the line, most expensive rooms (in a tiny cabin building) the accommodations are abysmal. They charge top dollar for the sleeping quarters, similar to what you would pay to a 4 star hotel and I think there are probably many motels that are fancier than any sleeping accommodation at Omega Institute. I actually am lucky enough to live within a 1/2 hour drive from Omega so I could go home at night but that does take away from the overall meditative experience you are supposed to have at this holistic escape. To add further insult though to the injury of the lack of decent sleeping quarters, THEY CHARGE A HEFTY COMMUTER Fee to try to dissuade you from leaving campus and not payg the overpriced rates for the ran down rooms/bathrooms.

As for the rest of Omega it is OUTSTANDING,! The campus is gorgeous! The courses are AMAZING! The experience is delightful.

I brought my two young children with me for the first time this past summer as I am now a single parent and the child care facilities and staff were very good.

I am not a vegan or vegetarian nor a health food nut, so I really don't care for their cuisine but it certainly is edible and tolerable for a couple of meals. The dining hall is always extraordinarily crowded and LOUD but I suppose there is no way around that.

The staff at Omega has always been very friendly and upbeat from the moment you arrive and they transport your luggage for you free of charge which is nice.

They have an excellent gift shop which I always enjoy!

There is an overall feel of serenity at Omega and I have met some wonderful people there. The Institute attracts BIG CELEBRITY names as lecturers which is impressive.

I have availed myself of most of the "extras" you can get as well. I wouldn't waste my money again on the Natal Chart Interpretation as it was quite amateurish (albeit I am pretty well acquainted with this drill). I have received some nice massage therapy there. It is a good idea to book your massage(s) way before you arrive so that you are assured to get in what you would like at a time that works for you.

My girls and I were very sad to leave last summer and they were actually crying to go back because they had such a wonderful time (ages 7 and 10). They are already asking me when we are going back this year. I will definitely go again the season and would probably go more than once if the accommodations weren't so costly for what you get.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms/accommodations. I got the best money could buy and it was abysmal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank matino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I attended a program presented by a so-called shaman who turned out to be a not very nice person. I spoke to him about possibly attending his center for one-on-one sessions and he was like "you can't afford me"-- yes, those were his words. Frankly, I was quite taken aback by his arrogance toward someone who was merely seeking information about his fees. The rest of his program wasn't all that, as his attitude was a complete turn-off.

I stayed in a "private" room in one of the cottages, and it did not even have curtains at the door which had a window, so no privacy as I slept, or changed clothes. I arrived after dark and had to wander around just to find my cabin in the dark out in a wooded area-- that was just a bit scary, as
I was by myself, and you could hardly see anything. Take a flashlight if you go-- you'll need it! The shared bathroom was just gross and the people I shared it with actually used my towels-- ugh!

Probably the highlight of my trip was the food, which was quite good. They offered an excellent selection of delicious, healthy options, so definitely the highest marks go to their food. Their accommodations not so much, and the presenter, well lets just say I'd never waste my money again on one of his programs.

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank Dream_in_Turquoise
Northern Virginia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed for a week and most of the experience was great! I ended up on the hillside campsite though. It is not kept up, and a tree fell and almost hit a tent in the middle of the night. The camping near the lake looks like it would be fine, but I would not recommend the hill. In general, the place looks like it needs more maintenance. The food was incredible! It's vegetarian, and I'm allergic to soy, so I thought I would have a problem, but almost every time they had a soy dish, they had a similar non soy dish with it. The food was SO good! The atmosphere is peaceful. It's a great place for spiritual renewal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Renee789Infintel
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Spent a wonderful weekend at Omega in September for the Women & Power conference. Having been to Omega many times before I enjoyed the immediate welcoming I felt as soon as I arrived. My room was basic but very clean and very quiet and convenient to all the activities. The conference was amazing and well organized and I had the time to experience the entire campus, lake and trails. The food was well-prepared vegetarian and healthy. Can't wait to go back netx year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bluebaci
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I just came back from taking a week long course at the Omega Institute Campus. Though it is a bit tricky to find in the dark, the directions were excellent. We were received by some wonderfully friendly people who arranged to have our bags taken outside our dorm buildings. After checking in, we were then given a map to find our dorms. I chose to stay in the dorm single accomodations. This is a long building with about 10 singles and a shared bathroom. The rooms were simple and smallish but perfectly satisfactory for the week. I brought along a sleeping bag but the room itself was very warm with a beautiful view of the forest. The bathrooms were ok, but hey it's no big deal. you do your business and you leave. The food is vegetarian and was getting a bit bland by the end of the week but I eat meat so that could be why i felt this way. I did enjoy the food otherwise. The cafe, bookstore, classes and library were wonderful. I really enjoyed my time there but learning and living. This is not a resort so don't expect one. It's more like first-year university. Fun and a chance to learn and meet all kinds of people. In my opinion, when you come to Omega, leave your ego and expectations behind. It is clean, simplistic living. All is good here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank dmgirl66
Perth
Reviewed September 2, 2012

From the time I arrived in Omega to when I left, I felt very grateful to stay in such a beautiful and peaceful location. It's like something out of a fairy tale.....I attended a workshop and was there for five days. I would have liked to stay longer, but I decided that this will be the first of many visits to Omega, although I live half way around the world. I stayed in an 8 bed shared dorm, which had the basics and shared bathroom amenities. It was clean and comfortable, although the walls are paper thin. However, the location and atmosphere of the campus makes it all worthwhile. There are lots of trees, flowers, lawns and fauna especially squirrels. There is also a resident woodchuck. The campus has a library which is stocked with a wide range of reading materials, a bookstore and gift shop and cafe, which serves the most delicious icecream and cakes. The main dining hall is where people eat and each meal is a feast of natural, organic foods catering to both vegetarian and vegans. My favourite part of the meal was treating myself to the the delicious home made raspberry jam and peanut butter.

What is great about Omega is that after attending a workshop, there are places one can go and meditate or just sit under a big tree and listen to the birds, swim in the lake, bask under the sun, or walk the labyrinth. It's a place where you can forget your troubles and just be in the moment. I will definitely return soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank go_broome
Chepachet, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I truely do not have the words to express my experience at Omega. From the moment you drive in the parking lot and are greeted by the staff on Friday afternoon through our departure Sunday afternoon I felt like I was in another world.(a better world)The postive energy was palpable. The campus is extremly well maintained. The grounds and gardens beautiful. The campus is hilly so e ready for up hill walking. But the staff does take your luggage to your room. I traveled with a friend for a workshop, so we got a double cabin. My expectations where not very high going in, but the cabin was wonderful. Two very comfortable beds with nice soft linen. A nice private bath, but shower was very tiny. A nice front porch over looking the campus. Just remember there is not air in the cabins only a ceiling fan. I was good with this, but if you need air I believe that would be an upgrade from the cabins I had. The food was great!! It s cafeteria style. Everything was so tasty and all the ingredients are listing for each dish. Fresh locally grown produce was in ever dish. One advantage of visiting in August! So nice to try different vegetarin dishes. One draw back is no trays, so you need to be a good balancer with plates, bowls silverware and glasses. Open seating lets you meet so many interesting people. With 10 workshops going on at once, you have the opportuniy to meet many wonderful and diverse people from all over. There is also a cafe with free WIFI, drinks (hot & cold), sweets adn home made ice cream, for purchase. The bookstore/gift shop is outstanding. You could spend all day just looking around. It is not big, but set up so that in ever corner there is something new to see. Every staff member is happy and friendly. I can only speeak for myself when I say that my weekend experience at this wonderul reteat was like nothing else I have done before. The like mindedness of the guests and staff created an enenrgy that I am looking forward to returning to again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Robin A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
Courtyard Kingston
#4 of 10 in Kingston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Omega Institute? Share your experiences!