“Lots of R&R”
Review of Omega Institute

Omega Institute
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Rhinebeck
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This is my 9th visit to Omega. This should say something! I will do a workshop if something interests me, or just do the R&R if not.
Rooms are small. Facilities are basic. If I sought to find fault - I could. Easily.
But this is an opportunity for me to unplug from the world and connect with me. And Omega invariably delivers. I love the meals. I love the tempo and I like most of the people I meet.
It's pricey - and in the real world I would quibble. But not today. I had two treatments from Lisa (wonderful) and took part in a number of the activities. I'm almost ready to go back to the madness!

6  Thank Pi31415

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Omega is a wonderful looking glass. If you are coming to find something new you may be disappointed. Omega allows you to find many parts of yourself, but it is not there to add or subtract from you. Although Omega offers many paths for you to build on parts of yourself.
While you visit you can surround yourself with the beauty that people possess, or kooky nut-jobs.

The nuts and bolts are: the accommodations are very basic, the food is delicious, the instructors of yoga etc run the range of absolutely wonderful to wacky bananas and without effort you allowed the space to see your reflection in others.

3  Thank David M
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Take the time to take care of yourself and all benefit. Topics are varied, location amazing, cuisine delicious.

2  Thank nybailey7
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I knew before we went to the Omega institute that a lot of folks here said it was a con with small rooms and high prices. For that reason we rented a guest house elsewhere and felt clever. The workshop we took turned out to be very different from advertised and they were completely unwilling to refund us. We stayed anyway and actually enjoyed our workshop quite a bit but the feeling of being conned didn't leave us.

We were told to arrive at 4 when the workshop didn't start till 8. Why? Ostensibly, to get us registered but even with a line out the door registration only took a couple of minutes and the longest part was them marking the bookstore/gift shop and cafe on the map.

I have never before stayed at a retreat center (and I go to them all the time) that didn't have free tea and coffee throughout the day so you can stick with the program. Why? Because they want you to buy beverages at their cafe. And what if you bring your own tea and just want hot water? You pay 25 cents

The food in the caf was pretty good, I'll admit that, but in a way that still made me feel profiled.

This place was filled to the brim with liberal affluent white people and decorated with an eastern theme. Even on a weekend where Oprah's favorite marriage councilor was teaching there were almost no people of color to be seen. The whole thing left me with a sour taste.

I would go back (and hold my nose) if there was some program that I really needed to attend but I wouldn't go just for a weekend away.

7  Thank BethLesser
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I recently spent a weekend at Omega. Flew from Toronto to Newark - rented at car and drove.
Could not stay on the premises as it was fully booked. It was the Brian Weiss weekend so it was packed. Not a problem. Everything went very smoothly. Unfortunately it took me until Sunday to feel relaxed and it was time to go. I will definitely go back and try and stay for 5 days. I'm sure the fall is brilliant. The food and staff were great. I spent many summers at camp and the food was nothing like Omega!
Omega is wonderful.