“Very quaint dining”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Located in a covered old home the food is professionally cooked with a flair. Something different to enjoy in this wonderful town.the staff was great in service, , I ordered the steak and it was perfectly prepared. Do miss the desserts, Parking located next to the restaurant and reservations are must.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The manager said some of the menu was new. Presentation of appetizers was very nice. We had a lovely table overlooking their herb garden. The chairs are uncomfortable. The waitstaff did not refill our water glasses. The duck was very good. The food was extremely fresh but some of the preparations were average. Lightly broiled oysters came with overpowering ginger in each oyster shell. The fresh trout was overloaded with butter. The pork chop was cooked through but cooked too much for my liking. The appetizer of beef sliders are good but some of the fries tasted burnt. Overall, this was a nice place to visit but there are other places in town I am going to try before returning to The Local.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is an excellent restaurant in many ways and it is to be commended that it serves grass fed beef, organic locally grown produce, has inventive cuisine and fresh ingredients. Only problem: when my dish arrived and I had a spoonful of the side dish, there was a stone (which did not break but almost broke my tooth when I bit down upon it chewing). I took it out and looked at it and showed it to the waitress. It was very clearly a tiny irregularly shaped stone. At first, the waitress agreed and said at first that "It was a pebble that had gotten into the food because some of the sand was not completely washed out". Then she disappeared into the kitchen with it. (Luckily I have very hard teeth and did not crack my tooth upon biting on it, but it was momentarily worrisome). The waitress then returned with a very defensive tone and rather than apologizing and offering something (dessert, beverage or reduction in price to compensate), …she said.. "oh we decided it was just part of a peppercorn" (which it obviously was not--it was inedible!) and handed me us the check.
So,( in the style of unsavory govenment officials) is it really better to change the truth so it looks like there was never a mistake to begin with? Certainly not...better to admit human error. Folks, put your customers wellbeing and satisfaction first. Ultimately your restaurant will be more successful for it.

2  Thank Adrienne E
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Food selections were awesome, wine selection was great, daily specials were tasty. Great ambiance and staff in Central Rhinebeck. A great Hudson Valley find.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Superb restaurant focusing on local foods. Truly NY class restaurant. Our recent meal (family of four) included beet and mâché salad, cod brandade, Berkshire pork, sliders. Everything was excellent.