“Best White Cosmo”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great restaurant filled with charm in a two story house where one can see the two Chefs cooking your meals. Very good and tasty food, and did I say "Best White Cosmo" ever.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Interesting menu. Seated upstairs with a view over the kitchen. Would recommend. Only downside, no credit cards.

1  Thank Roger W
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Love it. Excellent cocktails by Rob. Food is divine! I love the little bites at the bar too. Almonds and caviar with chips. Service is above and beyond. Bloody Mary is fresh and delicious. Had a great time on NYEve too. You must go!!!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The Local is an upscale but casual place. While entrees are on the steep (but not too steep) side, there are many starter/appetizer choices which can be combined for a dinner selection. My dinner companion and I shared one entrée and two appetizers, and we had more than enough. Preparation of everything was extraordinary. We shared a “Duck Two Ways” entrée along which included medium rare duck breast and duck leg mixed with spatzle. Everything was seasoned well and beautifully presented. Service was excellent; we could relax and enjoy our meal without feeling the least bit rushed. Some wine and mixed drinks were a bit on the pricey side, but it’s a relatively small issue when considering the overall dining experience, which was exceptional.

1  Thank EloiseMac524
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I ate at the bar one night and the food was good, a few things were way too salty and the food was way overpriced for what it was, as we're the drinks, but we heard the chef was a CIA grad so we bought a gift certificate for my sister in law who is attending the CiA and on a students budget. We had the pleasure of meeting up with our family for the weekend in Rhinebeck so we wanted to treat them to dinner. We made reservations for 6 at 7 o clock on Friday night. We were running late so we called and they said it was no problem. Her boyfrien(our 6th person) loaned his car to a friend so they could go home for the weekend so he wasn't sure he could make it since the cab times were running long. We asked for some beer and a juice and tried to order some oysters and pickled quail eggs to get started. We like to take our time and catch up and eat and dink a lot but order in stages. The waitress said we could not do this and had to put in entree orders at the same time or we could not order at all. This has never happened to us before. We asked for the manager/owner to see if she would allow us to order in stages and she said that no we could not so we said we would take the check for our beers (28$ for two half pitchers)and go elsewhere. She told us that she could have had that table booked to others and that she would have put us at the bar if we weren't going to spend any money. That wasn't the case, as I said, we just like to enjoy each others company and order a couple things at a a time and trust me we are all big eaters, spenders and tippers as we have spent 15 years in the food service industry ourselves. We have never in all our dining experiences been treated so poorly. I should mention that the reservation was made Friday afternoon with no problem getting in and that there were 3 empty tables near us so we were not costing them any thing. We went to Gigi's which we have always loved. They were packed and gave us a table in the room in the back which had an empty twelve top and they told us to feel free to use the whole thing. We took only half the table in case another large party should arrive. In the meantime our little sis went to Hyde park and picked up her boyfriend because we all wanted to meet him and share a great time together. We ordered a round of beer and a few appetizers, followed by another round and a few more appetizers. When she texted that she was leaving Hyde Park to head to Gigi's we ordered some more drinks and 5 or 6 entrees, I really don't remember , just went down the menu and rattled of a nice variety of everything that looked good. The service could not have been better and our waiter was at the end of a double shift. Legally he had to clock out because he had worked 12 hours so we took care of him personally, which he refused because they pull tips. We insisted on extra for him personally because he was exceptional. The waiter who took over our table was just as sweet and attentive and still the main body of the restaurant was packed. We ran up a beautiful tab, tipped heavily and had a wonderful time. A lengthy review, I know, but I feel it is warranted. The food at Gigi's was excellent, I should add. Everything was as good as it could possibly be. We have eaten there so many times. What a disappointment the local was but quickly our night was turned around by the professionalism, food and atmosphere of Gigi's.

2  Thank FeliciaB511